Information Technology Systems Engineer-Hybrid
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
GeneOne Life Science, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company with locations in South Korea and USA dedicated to the research, development and contract manufacturing of nucleic acid-based biopharmaceuticals, including DNA and RNA vaccines, and to the development of novel small molecule therapeutics. GeneOne Life Science develops innovative technologies through cooperation with multinational pharmaceutical companies and domestic · overseas research institutes and is constantly striving to develop new vaccines and therapeutics.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to manage a portfolio of large-scale projects and solve complex problems. This role will include coaching, mentoring, documenting, and leading others. You will have the opportunity to advise senior management on the best technology choices for the organization and eventually lead a team of talented engineers. You will take responsibility for various system administration tasks, like maintaining and integrating the current infrastructure, monitoring, applying update patches and backup management. As a senior System Engineer, you will also oversee automating workflows and troubleshooting network issues. Ultimately, your goal is to help our organization implement efficient technologies and services with minimal disruptions.
Your responsibilities as the Information Technology Systems Engineer will include:
- Design and build high performance, scalable Windows Server environments.
- Design reliable and secure systems that meet business requirements.
- Train and mentor other IT personnel.
- Provide support for current IT systems and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Research new technologies to identify opportunities for the company.
- Oversee the development of the company’s information systems.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Engage with upper management regularly with reports on project status, activities, and achievements
- Manage on-premises and cloud storage systems.
- Deploy servers and virtual machines.
- Manage, monitor, and document all infrastructure and system installations, including configurations, testing, and maintenance
- Monitor infrastructure health and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, maintain, and replace systems as needed
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
- Maintain internal infrastructure including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates, support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
- Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed
- Implement and maintain backups, security, and redundancy strategies
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required. Will also consider 2 years of relevant work experience in lieu of every year of education.
- This position may require some travel.
- At least 6 years of experience in Information Technology
- U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor currently.
- Analytical skills
We wish you would have:
- Experience in creating technical design documents
- Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment and has client interfacing skills.
- Experience in project management, application design and integration, and cloud computing (specifically Microsoft Azure)
- Professional certifications
- Able to craft custom scripts, reducing requirement of human interaction
- Familiarity with biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical IT systems’ needs and requirements
We value our employees’ time and efforts, and we work to maintain the best possible environment, where people can learn and grow with the company. We offer market competitive, with benefits, 401k, opportunity for project-related bonuses, and incentive equity
GeneOne Life Science, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
AddressFort Washington, PA
TechnologyView all jobs at Insperity