Who’ll Your Be Working With:
Our client is the leading risk intelligence company focused on social determinants of health. Their SaaS platform uses proprietary data science to create powerful risk indices derived from hundreds of data sources. These indices are fused with the enterprise data of their customers to create deep insights into the contours of risk, enabling data-driven decision-making.
Our client’s mission-focused team of clinicians, data scientists, engineers, and consultants are finding root causes of health inequities and working hand-in-hand with clients to interpret findings and design meaningful interventions. Their work directly impacts the lives of real people across our country.
What Your Future Looks Like:
Our client is seeking a Frontend Developer to become part of a team developing technology solutions that truly redefine healthcare. Our client is looking for a candidate with a relentless commitment to excellence and a passion for designing and developing intuitive, artistic, and awesome software products. You must be an exceptional individual who will be energized to work in a fast paced, highly collaborative, creative, and intellectual engaging environment. Most importantly, our client is interested in people with a deep sense of purpose and passion to aid in the transformation of the US healthcare system and to address healthcare inequities.
As part of our client’s team, you’ll be responsible for creating scalable and visually stunning experiences around social determinants of health (SDOH). You’ll work in an agile group of backend, front-end and DevOps engineers helping create a world class SaaS experience for their customers. You’ll develop engaging experiences using the company’s platform API and external mapping libraries. You’ll develop tooling, techniques and process to ensure the company’s Explorer adheres to technical best practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate closely with other Software Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, and other stakeholders across the organization.
- Prototype, develop, deploy, and support the company’s Explorer including Map and Dashboards.
- Contribute to the technical direction of Socially Determined projects.
- Contribute and own front-end style guides, tooling and quality.
- Be an active leader on front end direction at Socially Determined.
- Mentor junior employees on front end techniques, tooling, and industry.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Cognitive Science, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction (Human Factors)
- 5 years of professional commercial software development experience.
- 3 years of agile development experience.
- 5+ years experience with front end frameworks such as ReactJS, AngularJS or Vue.js.
- 2 years of development experience in Cloud environments such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- 5 years of progressive user experience, design and usability or related experience.
- 3+ years experience using visual design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Suite, or Figma.
- Experience interfacing and integrating across multiple engineering areas and groups.
- Contribute new design and UX-driven ideas based on client feedback, market changes, and industry trends Preferred qualifications.
- 3+ years experience in developing APIs or middle-tier software.
- Proficiency in building, deploying, and supporting Angular or ReactJS applications a plus.
- GIS Experience including tooling such as Leaflet, GeoServer or Carto a plus.
- Experience working with BI tooling such as Qlik or Power BI a plus.
- DevOps, Security and Linux experience a plus.
- Experience with HIPAA, HiTRUST or health data a plus.
Why Join Our Client:
- You’ll join a team of passionate people working collaboratively to build an amazing company that will have a real impact on the world.
- You’ll be empowered to innovate and apply your intellectual curiosity to interesting technical and business challenges.
- You’ll work to use groundbreaking technology and approaches to disrupt old ways of looking at health care.
Our client is a fast-paced company led by an experienced executive team with tremendous opportunities for growth. They are located in Washington, DC in the vibrant District Wharf waterfront neighborhood.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.