- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 2010, our client is commercializing its unique, multi-patented portfolio of solutions for capturing and removing CO₂ directly from the atmosphere to address climate change and power the growing circular carbon economy.
As one of the leading Direct Air Capture companies, our client is working hard to develop the least resource intensive, lowest cost solution to resolve the climate threat. Now is the time to join Global Thermostat, make your mark, and help them in their mission to transform CO₂ from a global liability into one of the biggest economic and human development opportunities.
As the Data Analyst, you will support existing engineering and materials science staff to integrate laboratory data, bench scale data, and pilot plant data into correlative and predictive models, all to advance our client’s Direct Air Capture Technology.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Create internal data tools to improve the speed and ease of data analysis.
- Utilize laboratory and bench scale data to make predictions of pilot operational data and performance
- Identify key performance correlations and generate workstreams to better understand their underlying mechanisms
- Analyze, interpret, utilize data from various sources to generate projections of performance under a variety of scenarios
- Utilize chemistry and physics to explain performance observations to help drive R&D
- Create and present reports and presentations to communicate findings to staff and management.
- Aid in database development and modification efforts.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Chemical Engineering or related discipline. Bachelor of Science degree or or higher in Computer Science may be acceptable with appropriate interests or experience.
- 2+ years of related experience required. Previous experience or roles in development of data manipulation tools and data visualization within the chemical sciences.
- Candidate must either have strong computer programming skills/experience with some interest in intuition in chemical and physical phenomena, or a strong background in the chemical sciences with some interest and experience in developing engineering scripts and codes.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret scientific reports, technical journals, and similar documents. Able to effectively communicate to technical management.
- Apply concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Apply operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, test reliability/validity, variance analysis, correlation technique, sampling theory, and factor analysis
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Python/other engineering coding program and SQL experience preferred.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation of $85-$100k annually, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including (please select all that apply):
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) / retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Employee referral program
- Employee assistance program
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Pet friendly environment
- Paid holidays
- Remote work / telecommuting options
- Workplace perks
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Our client is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
TechnologyView all jobs at Insperity