Insperity Kansas City, KS
- Posted: over a month ago
You have integrity and hold yourself to the highest ethical standards. You have a reputation for excellence and your attention to detail is impeccable. For you, no task is too small or too big, you can do it all. If this sounds like you, then we need to talk.
Our client is a food manufacturer based in Kansas City, KS and they’re seeking an experienced Controller to join their growing team.
As a detail-oriented Accounting Leader, you will direct the financial operations of the company including budgeting, planning, investing, and other financial matters. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversees employees responsible for financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections,
- Ensures Accounts Payable is paid in timely manner
- Ensures Accounts Receivable is collected promptly
- Process Payroll timely and accurately
- Manages employee benefit plans including retirement
- Work with Executive Management and owners on business insurance policies
- Performs reconciliation on all balance sheet accounts
- Ensures annual inventory of fixed assets and inventory accounts
- Maintain accuracy of accounting system
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Prepares weekly cash forecasting
- Implements internal control policies and procedures for all financial activities
- Oversees employee training programs and identifies training needs
- Coordinates the company’s financial planning, financial analysis, budgeting, and investment activities
- Ensures that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Advises business units on and assists with implementation of accounting and budgeting policies
- Maintains knowledge of organizational procedures, federal and state regulations, and accounting standards
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- At least 2 years of experience working as a Full Cycle Accountant
- Proficient with MS Office
- Experience working in a manufacturing company
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- MS NAV experience preferred
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and a benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.