Bilingual Patient Care Coordinator/Medical Assistant, Travel Position
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the direction of the Office Coordinator, the Bilingual Patient Care Coordinator/Medical Assistant, Travel Position will be responsible for performing general medical assistant functions in support of the care and treatment of patients while providing assistance to all office personnel as needed. Typical office days are 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and the person in this role will travel approximately 5 days per month to other AKDHC offices in the area as needed including Sierra Vista, Douglas, Wilcox, and Safford, AZ. Travel hours may vary from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Arizona Time.
- Perform patient care activities, such as back-office check-in, check-out, prescription refills, anemia, and iron management, administer injections, schedule procedures and provide patient education.
- Schedule and process 24-hour blood pressure monitoring.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height; and update medication list; record information in patients’ charts/EMR to include urine tests per Clinitek.
- Notify physician of changes in patient’s clinical status and/or abnormal test results.
- Draw patient’s blood, collect urine samples, and process specimens for courier transport.
- Monitor and optimize allotted time slots in all schedules utilizing the available programs/reports.
- Complete clerical tasks including but not limited to distributing mail and reports, filing, scanning, scheduling, data input, answering phones, and general support to all office personnel.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and prioritize and complete day-to-day activities.
- Maintain office equipment, office, and medical supplies through efficient inventory management.
- Process Hospital Disposition Reports.
- Process Recall Reports and mail recall and no-show letters to patients; follow up with patients and/or primary care physicians as needed.
- Monitor dictation process by maintaining accurate dictation logs, ensuring physician review and signature, mailing report, and scanning dictation into patient files.
- Process medical record requests for patients, referring physician offices, and attorneys by adhering to HIPAA regulations to ensure HPI.
- Assist in the annual purging process of patient charts.
- May be required to report to alternate AKDHC worksites as directed including the AKDHC offices in Sierra Vista, Douglas, Wilcox, and Safford, AZ as needed.
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant or a diploma from a recognized training school preparing Medical Assistants preferred
- Must be willing to travel to the AKDHC offices in Sierra Vista, Douglas, Wilcox, and Safford, AZ as needed
- Excellent customer service and communication skills for interfacing with patients, staff and outside vendors
- 1-2 years front/back office experience preferred
- Ability to support a pleasant, positive and cooperative teamwork environment
- Successful candidate must be able to use a stethoscope, computer, scanner, printer, telephone, fax and copier.
- Ability to multi-task and lift and/or move 50 pounds essential.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AddressSierra Vista, AZ
HealthcareView all jobs at Insperity