Assistant General Counsel
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Insperity (NYSE: NSP), a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses since 1986, provides an array of human resources and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. Headquartered in Greater Houston, Insperity had 2020 revenues of $4.3 billion, operates in over 80 offices throughout the United States and is rapidly growing. Insperity was recently ranked No. 1 on the Houston Chronicle’s Top Workplaces list in the large-company category for the second year in a row.
Assistant General Counsel – Transactions & Corporate Law
The Assistant General Counsel position in the Transactions & Corporate Law Practice Group has significant responsibility for providing legal advice and counsel to Company leaders in connection with a broad range of business transactions and general corporate matters, including in connection with developing new services and solutions. This position requires a significant level of independent decision-making regarding matters having Company-wide impact, which decisions are guided by policies, objectives, and inter-department coordination.
The ideal candidate will have experience with overseeing a variety of transactions and matters, including: privacy and data security matters; drafting and negotiating customer agreements for HR services and cloud-based software subscriptions; providing general support to sales and marketing organizations; and reviewing, negotiating and drafting vendor contracts, including software licensing and subscription agreements.
This position does not require specialized knowledge of labor and employment law as those matters are generally handled by other groups within the Legal Department.
About Insperity’s Legal Department:
The Insperity Legal Department is comprised of four practice groups with a total of 29 legal professionals, including 18 lawyers, 1 governmental affairs specialist, and 10 staff members. The Transactions and Corporate Law Practice Group is comprised of five lawyers and two assistants. The remainder of the Insperity Legal Department is comprised of the Benefits Practice Group, the Employment Law & Litigation Practice Group, and the Governmental Affairs Practice Group.
The Insperity Legal Department provides legal advice and support to Insperity but not to Insperity’s client base.
• Minimum of 4 years of transactional legal experience, with a focus on negotiating and drafting agreements and knowledge of contract law and general corporate law
• Significant experience with data privacy and security, software licensing, cloud-based software subscriptions, and intellectual property law is strongly preferred; however, other complex transactional legal experience, such as mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance, will be considered
• Ability to identify, comprehend and manage a variety of complex legal issues in a transactional setting
• Experience working with large sales and marketing organizations is also desired, but not required
• Business-minded approach to legal matters with ability to identify and convey risks to other members of the Legal Department and to business team members, including senior management
• Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work independently or in a team to develop solutions to accomplish business objectives in a complex, regulated industry
• Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree from an accredited law school is required
• Current law license required, preferably from the State of Texas
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, tuition reimbursement and a 401(k) retirement plan with employee contributions matched up to a limit. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’re consistently winning awards like “Best Company to Work For” across the nation.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
LegalView all jobs at Insperity