2nd Shift Operations Manager
Insperity Chicago, IL
- Expired: December 09, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is a growing and innovative third-party fulfillment (3PF) company that is the chosen fulfillment provider to the most successful and progressive digitally native companies seeking to maintain their brand identities. They partner with their clients to build custom fulfillment solutions and grow businesses fast. They’re adding new fulfillment centers to their nationwide network and are using state of the art warehouse technology and robotics to help their employees and company achieve higher throughput and greater success. The best. The brightest. Stars-in-the-making. That pretty much sums up what our client looks for in every person they hire. If you’re ready to hit the ground running and feel like you could teach our client a thing or two, then we just might need to meet you!
Our client is currently seeking a 2nd Shift Operations Manager to join their growing and dynamic team at their Chicago, IL location.
As the 2nd Shift Operations Manager, you’ll ensure that all warehouse activities are carried out efficiently and profitably. This role has a general responsibility for coordinating all client activities on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning and supervising the daily activities of all functions with proper utilization of space and equipment for designated clients in accordance with the agreed upon SLA’s with a high level of quality and accuracy
- Understand customer expectations and effectively communicate these expectations to the team
- Assist in establishing work schedules and ensure employee hours, attendance, productivity and quality are being properly documented
- Develop a highly productive and engaged team by actively participating in recruitment, selection, training, performance management, and reward and recognition programs
- Assist in establishing standard work procedures and ensure procedures are properly and consistently implemented
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of material handling equipment
- Prioritize a clean, neat, safe, and orderly work area
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes warehouse security and employee safety in accordance with OSHA and other appropriate policies/procedures
- Prepare and analyze daily, weekly productivity reports and address any issues with the team in a timely manner
- Ensure current and accurate inventory control for each customer’s products
- Actively participate in warehouse planning and townhall meetings. Perform daily stand-up shift meetings with associates and communicate daily expectations and any upcoming schedule changes
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 2-5 years of e-commerce, retail experience required; management experience required
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of warehouse policies, procedures, safety regulations, and employment-related laws
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Benefits & Culture: Our client’s employees enjoy competitive benefits, generous paid time off and holidays, and a company culture that builds collaboration and camaraderie.
They’re a productive and happy team of people and robots, working together to get things where they need to be. If you’d like to join them, we’d love to hear from you!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Required Skills: Warehouse/E-Commerce/Retail Management
BusinessView all jobs at Insperity