- Passion Dive in- Create enthusiasm and inspire others.
- Authenticity Be Real- Keep it honest and set the example.
- Collaboration Live United- Work together and mobilize for change.
- Empowerment Own it- Be courageous and make it happen.
211 Specialist – Part-Time
- Answer phone calls with an appropriate tone of voice, paying close attention to voice inflection and volume.
- Answer chats, texts and emails using correct spelling grammar, and professional language, paying close attention to the inclusion of feeling reflections.
- Maintain a non-judgmental attitude when interacting with contacts, displaying sensitivity to all cultural backgrounds.
- Identify and reflect the feelings of all contacts.
- Assess contact’s needs or situation using pertinent questions and the principles of active listening.
- Provide appropriate screenings for specialized programs or appointment setting.
- Advocate for clients when appropriate.
- Complete assessments for clients in high risk situations.
- Access multiple 2-1-1 databases for resources and appropriately refer contacts.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using multiple types of contact center software, computer hardware and telephone equipment.
- Maintain accurate data collection on all contacts in the appropriate database.
- Maintain acceptable level of contact handling and customer service performance as described by 2-1-1 training standards. This includes handling multiple chats, texts and emails simultaneously.
- Complete all training for new programs and services related to 2-1-1 and providing feedback as needed.
- Actively participate in committees, teams and task forces as needed.
- Ability to work alternative schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned including, but not limited to, working alternative shifts and/or schedules.
- High school diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Sociology or related field preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to effectively assess client needs and show sensitivity to issues presented by contacts.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a high paced contact center.
- One year experience in contact center, crisis hotline or information and referral service preferred.
- Ability to work in multiple client management databases.
- Bilingual highly preferred.
- Ability to type 35 WPM required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, required. Access or other relational database experience is helpful.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health and human services desired.
- AIRS or AAS certification preferred.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.