We have an excellent opportunity for a UI/UX Designer for web-based training development who is dynamic, intelligent, and independently motivated! The UI/UX Designer shall have experience in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. The UI/UX Designer will work with other project staff, including an instructional systems designer, to design and develop innovative, usable, Section 508-compliant interfaces, graphic design assets, and courseware for online learning solutions.
- Is detail oriented and able to proactively communicate and collaborate with technical team members, management, and customers to identify and resolve conflicts between usability and performance needs.
- Innately and passionately understands user-centered design and usability best-practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Articulate Storyline 360.
- Confidently translates requirements into storyboards, wireframes, and/or abstract conceptual ideas into inventive interactive training elements.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of various Web technologies, both front-end and back-end, and Section 508 Compliance guidelines to ensure solutions are technically feasible and accessible.
- Has the ability to coordinate, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with minimal supervision.
- Thrives in a collaborative, team environment, but is just as comfortable working independently.
- Researches latest trends, methods, and tools used in the industry.
Required Qualifications: MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN OR AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN U.S. WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP. The candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience developing highly interactive online courseware deployed on learning management systems (LMS). A minimum of 5 years of business experience in executing interactive design and visual design as part of a multi-disciplinary team. A minimum of 5 years of experience in creating wireframes as well as visual design comps. Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, or other relevant field preferred. Must be detail-oriented with strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills. Must have ability to coordinate, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with minimal supervision. Experience and/or familiarity with agile development is a plus. Must be prepared to submit resume and URLs and/or work product samples prior to interview.
- Experience developing course curriculum and proficiency checks from both existing material and through discussions with subject matter experts
- Experience working within a team environment to complete projects or tasks
Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally
- Detailed oriented, highly organized, self-motivated
- Familiarity with Air Force Medical Readiness Computerized Training or the Air Force’s Advanced Distributed Learning System
- Familiarity with adult learning principles and concepts preferably in a military environment