Want to join an incredible team dedicated to giving patient's a lifetime of healthy vision so that they love the way they see? No experience? Not a problem just bring the A+ attitude and we will train you to be amazing! We are an energetic optometry office that provides specialty vision care services to the good people of Orange County. We love what we do because we get to make a difference in people's lives daily. The joy we receive from helping patients at our office is contagious!
We are searching for just the right person to join our team as an optical technician or assistant. Your job is crucial to ensuring that our patients have an enjoyable experience at our office from start to finish, and that we show excellent follow through on the back end processing side of each patient's encounter.
Who you are:
Altruistic- you love helping people and always think of others before yourself
Productive and Efficient- you enjoy the feeling of tackling a project and seeing it to completion, you're addicted to the feeling of satisfaction that you get from a good day's work and getting a lot done
Techy- you're great on computers, you learn new platforms quickly, and can quickly navigate between multiple windows on your internet browser
Organized- you feel inner peace when papers are in order, when loose ends have been tied up, and your checkbook is always balanced at the end of the day
- Perform technician duties such as checking intraocular pressure, visual acuities, and corneal topographies.
- Verify insurances and process insurance claims
- Communicate with patients via phone, text messages, and emails
- Schedule appointments
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Communicate via phone, fax, and email with referring doctors
- Help to organize internal office system through writing office manuals, policies, instructions, training guides, etc.
- Assist with other administrative tasks around the office
- Expert level of proficiency in gmail, drive, google docs, and google sheets
- Ability to learn our electronic health records system quickly
- Proficiency in MS word, excel, and power point
- Typing speed >40 wpm
- Strong basic math skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School degree; experience as working in the optical industry a plus
Please send a cover letter with your resume or you will not be considered. We're looking forward to meeting you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $16.00 /hour
Learn more about us here:
Insight Vision Center Optometry
Why Work Here?Our culture is friendly, upbeat, positive, and collaborative in our approach. We believe in empowering each and every member of our team to be able to thrive and excel at their job. Learn more about us here: https://www.insightvisionoc.com/about-us/careers-at-insight-vision/
Here at Insight Vision Center Optometry, we pride ourselves in creating an amazing work culture for our staff members to grow.