Sr Hyper-V System Consultant
Are you an experienced System Consultatr who thrives on troubleshooting and problem solving with significant experience with Cisco UCS and Hyper-V? We are a Microsoft Partner made up of a solid group of talented and experienced individuals who keep our customers as the focus of what we do. If you desire to use your talents in a remote and flexible work environment and you like variety in your work, we may have a position for you.
In this role you will be responsible for systems consultations with clients, as well as engineering, architecting, and deploying resources on the UCS platform.
Salary up to $125k plus excellent benefits and unlimited vacation. We will pay for additional certifications.
Remote from any U.S. location
You can expect to:
- Responsible for implementing, tuning and maintaining virtual server environments
- Actively seek out opportunities to improve existing practices, procedures, and technology implementations
- Deploy security/bug fixes to VM hosts and perform any other planned maintenance activities on an established cycle
- Maintains awareness of VMware or Hyper-V software patches and their impact on the environment
- Responsibility for systems and desktop services
- SQL server optimization and performance troubleshooting
- Consult with clients regarding their infrastructure and best practices to meet business needs
- Respond to break fix requests from assigned customers
- Create high level of documentation and procedural documents as work is executed
- Network and systems performance improvement and diagnostics
- Other tasks as appropriate fit
- Be part of an on-call rotation
We’d like someone who is:
- Successfully prioritize service issues based on multiple competing objectives while multitasking
- Effectively communicate with team members & customers with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated with strong customer relationship skills
- Willingness and commitment to ongoing learning and self-development
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, analytical skills and critical thinking for complex operating systems and network issues
- Technical aptitude –Excellent ability to learn, understand and then disseminate the information of a technical nature
- Ability to work autonomously – self managing
Technical Skills Required
- Greater than 5 years of experience or equivalent
- Relevant current/active certifications are desirable
- Demonstrated experience in creating documentation of designs and solution
- Advanced knowledge and proficiencies with
o -Window Server 2012
o -Window Server 2012 R2
o Window Server 2016
o VMware 5-6.5 and other VMware experiences
o Windows Fail-over cluster
o Hyper-V 2008, 2012, 2016 (enterprise deployments)
o System Center VMM 2012, 2016
o Enterprise Storage Management
o Nexus 9k Switches
o UCS Fabric Interconnects
o UCS Director
- Experience with server deployment, network and server design, backup, disaster recovery
- Work with application teams with go live events
- Experience with patching and updates
Offering a boutique style service, we have grown organically over the years through word of mouth referrals and have become the Agency of Choice for companies who need the right talent to join their firm.
Our Services Include: Direct hire, Contract or Contract-to-hire.
We have served a wide variety of firms in the Midwest and nationwide since 1998 and as a result we have come to truly know our client's culture, their business demands and subsequently their hiring needs. Everything is evolving in today's marketplace and the most innovative professionals are driving this market. The success of your company relies on how you can attract, engage and hire these people: this is where we can help.
A Dynamic Approach
"Over 85% of our business comes from referrals; that's a powerful testament to the quality of service we deliver. Companies want to be truly heard and understood when they are working with an agency to help them find and secure the best talent available. Many come to us because they're tired of the larger nationwide chains only providing mediocre candidates, and they want better results.
And that is what every company receives with us: better results."
- Kinga Wilson, Search Consultant and Owner of Insight Recruitment