Our international firm, is the leader in our field and we are looking to hire a Cloud Platform Architect in our Omaha, NE office. This position plays a pivotal role in our ongoing digital transformation and is responsible for envisioning, creating & continually improving the cloud platform foundations that our teams build upon. Cloud Platform Architects work closely with development and operations teams to create and evolve the cutting-edge tools that leverage PaaS features of the cloud, manage the deployment of cloud-native apps and the continuous delivery pipelines that support them. Salary range: $100k - $140k + excellent benefits and team culture.
Our mission is to deliver project schedule & cost certainty by employing technology designed by & for our specific industry. Our team deploys apps to the field that increase profitability by maximizing the way we use our people and resources in daily operations. We use our proprietary management system, which includes systems and tools that manage every part of our business & lifecycle of a project. This helps improve planning and day-to-day execution in the field by giving our people real-time data to make faster, smarter decisions.
• Ability to design and implement cloud platform environments (PaaS) in Azure such as App Service Environments v2, Azure Websites, and Azure Functions to solve current challenges, as well as creating future opportunities.
• Release Management and automated deployment to Azure cloud services.
• Help establish and maintain the vision and roadmap for our cloud platform.
• Provide forward-thinking technology leadership in developing innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on continual improvement in automating our infrastructure and software release processes.
• Provide governance for our Azure IaaS and PaaS environments.
• Stay current with cloud technology and trends and optimize our cloud infrastructure for our evolving needs.
• Help design disaster recovery and/or comprehensive redundancy for PaaS applications
• Work with other Architects and Data Center Operations on the design of new application architecture opportunities ensuring automation and DevOps is a top priority in the release and deployment cycle.
• Facilitate proper integration between custom built in-house applications and purchased software.
• Mentor junior technology team members in best practices, technical options, and expediting technical solutions.
• Ability to lead, influence and motivate the organization to achieve results.
• Document and communicate complex concepts effectively to a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Leverage knowledge of the intricacies of Microsoft Cloud PaaS components like App Service Environments, App Service Plans, Serverless Computing, etc. and architect an infrastructure solution to ensure interoperability between these components.
• 5+ years of software development experience, preferably including .NET. Experience in writing 12 -factor, cloud-native applications.
• 2+ years of experience with release automation tools such as Visual Studio Team Services, Azure DevOps, Azure Automation, and related tools and Azure Resource Manager Templates.
• 3+ years’ experience designing, developing, implementing and operating cloud infrastructure environments of significant complexity in one of the three major cloud providers: Azure, AWS or GCP.
• Understanding of Continuous Delivery and DevOps principles and techniques such as Blue/Green deployments, rolling deployments, etc. and experience implementing them in a cloud environment.
• Familiarity with Agile development principles.
• Previous experience aligning technology roadmaps with business goals and initiatives.
• Proven ability to develop great relationships with co-workers, credibility with leadership, and rapport for getting things done with stakeholders.
• Experience with multiple relational and NoSQL databases.
• Ability to set technical direction for a project or application.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or MIS.
• Microsoft Azure certifications
Offering a boutique style service, we have grown organically over the years through word of mouth referrals and have become the Agency of Choice for companies who need the right talent to join their firm.
Our Services Include: Direct hire, Contract or Contract-to-hire.
We have served a wide variety of firms in the Midwest and nationwide since 1998 and as a result we have come to truly know our client's culture, their business demands and subsequently their hiring needs. Everything is evolving in today's marketplace and the most innovative professionals are driving this market. The success of your company relies on how you can attract, engage and hire these people: this is where we can help.
A Dynamic Approach
"Over 85% of our business comes from referrals; that's a powerful testament to the quality of service we deliver. Companies want to be truly heard and understood when they are working with an agency to help them find and secure the best talent available. Many come to us because they're tired of the larger nationwide chains only providing mediocre candidates, and they want better results.
And that is what every company receives with us: better results."
- Kinga Wilson, Search Consultant and Owner of Insight Recruitment