Software Licensing Consultant
Liberty Lake, WA, US
BASIC FUNCTION OF JOB
The Software Licensing Consultant (SLC) I is always working to gain better knowledge on the licensing programs that they cover. The SLC I has a basic understanding of specific licensing programs and the parameters within them. The SLC I has worked with the Insight Account Manager and their customers to understand the customer's licensing needs and recommends the appropriate licensing solution. As part of the SLC I recommendations, there may be limited analysis and comparison of licensing options. The SLC I will interact with the Insight Account Manager and has limited engagement with customers face to face, most customer interaction is via customer conference calls. The SLC I will typically be working with end users, IT staff or entry level managers.
The SLC I supports Insight Account Representatives through customer conference calls. The SLC I may occasionally present on specific licensing topics addressing their software lines during executive briefings, but often will provide information for an SLC III. The SLC I also plays a supporting role in working with an SLC III to answer software specific portions of customer Request For Proposal (RFP) documents.
The SLC I carries a quota for the manufacturer lines for which they are responsible. Through basic licensing advice and basic positioning of Insight's value proposition, the SLC I builds credibility with the customer, which allows the Account Representative to close business and allows the SLC I to achieve their quota.
* Provide answers to pre-sales and post-sales licensing questions for Insight Account Executives and customers
* Participate in customer conference calls
* Serve as a software licensing specialist at Insight for the manufacturer's assigned
* Develop and maintain expertise on the manufacturer's products, programs, competition and the industry
* Occasional travel may be required in compliance with Insight's travel policy
* Provide assistance in closing specific business opportunities
* Drive sales goals through direct customer contact
* Identify specific business opportunities during customer conference calls and upsell where applicable.
* Work with Account Executives on lead opportunities provided by the manufacturer
* Provide measurable data to management on quote/order tracking, close ratio, calls made, open opportunities, etc.
* Achieve team quota as set by Senior Management
* Communicate and provide feedback to Insight Product Manager and Manufacturer Representatives regarding sales/competition trends, and product awareness via weekly meetings
Training and Certification:
* Due to the ever-changing nature of our industry, constant education is necessary to keep abreast of the software solutions offered by manufacturers and their direct competitors. This will be accomplished through reading material on manufacturer websites, attending webinars and training sessions, and by participating in meetings with manufacturer representatives.
* The Licensing Consultant will identify and take part in training and certification programs that will support the technical, product, and industry training necessary to successfully win the confidence of Insight sales executives and customers and increase revenue in the manufacturers assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred
* Having a manufacturer or industry certification is a plus.
* Minimum of 1 years of sales experience required.
* A customer service or support background is also desired.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more atinsight.com.
+ Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
+ 7,400+ teammates in 19 countries providing Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
+ $7.1 billion in revenue in 2018
+ Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the 2018 CRN Solution Provider 500
+ 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 Microsoft Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
+ Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2018 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
+ Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Spokane || Washington (US-WA) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Liberty Lake, WA ||