An employer is seeking multiple Surgical Technologist's in their Annapolis, MD location. This is a permanent opportunity with a large hospital system in the area!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintains a safe environment for the patient and the O.R. team by assuring a sterile environment, using equipment according to operating room manual.
- Transports patients and specialty equipment in accordance with safety policy.
- Provides patient care during the intra-operative phase of the surgery using physician preference cards and organizing and prioritizing care activities based on the patient and/or environmental changes.
- Functions as first scrub in the following types of cases (including but not limited to): general/GYN, ENT, plastics, basic/minor ortho/neuro, dental/ortho, urology/cysto and basic vascular procedures, and demonstrates proper care of instrumentation including cleaning and sterilization of surgical equipment.
- Performs the following surgical skills independently: Opening surgical supplies, gowning and gloving all members of the surgical team, basic positioning of the patient, between case cleaning, terminal cleaning of the ORs and surgical suite, performs circulating skills and tasks as directed.