Account Manager (Hybrid)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Account Manager | Recruiting Services (Washington, DC)
Inside Higher Ed, the leading source for the latest news, analysis, and services for the entire higher education community, is seeking a proven sales leader for our Careers recruiting platform. The Account Manager will play a critical role in supporting our existing clients and achieving our revenue objectives. This role will report to the Director of Sales and will also be responsible for both renewals and upsells for our Careers business. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, strong multitasking abilities, and a sharp analytical sense, as well as a collaborative mindset and a willingness to go above and beyond when necessary to get the job done well.
- Manage contract renewal conversations for your book of business.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with our customers by understanding their strategy and goals, including quarterly check-ins.
- Provide support, as needed, to clients in utilizing our Careers platform services. Understand the different features, functionality, and value proposition of each product or service.
- Educate customers on products and services and explain pricing and answers questions from customers, building value in the customer relationship.
- Maintain and update database and customer records in Salesforce and Outreach.
- Pursue continued product education to better serve customers.
- Develop account plans and strategies to retain and increase revenue and market share within existing accounts by exploring upsell and cross selling opportunities within our product portfolio.
- Track customer feedback and work closely with multiple internal functions to improve our product and service.
- Keep detailed and organized notes in our CRM database to be shared with the rest of the business team to maintain an efficient sales and post-sales process.
- Creative, enthusiastic thinker with a passion for learning.
- 2-3+ years' experience as an Account Manager; ability to manage and close large and small sales deals.
- Strong customer service and tele sales skills.
- Assertive, out-going entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong work ethic demonstrated by willingness to jump in where and when needed to accomplish shared objectives.
- Experienced in Web-Based Applications (Salesforce & Outreach) and Windows.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Information Technology, Business or related field preferred.
- Effective communication and client presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
- Experience in recruiting or job placement a plus.
Inside Higher Ed provides a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as generous benefits offerings including heavily subsidized healthcare coverage for all full-time employees, company-paid vision and dental coverage, 401(k) match, unlimited sick leave, 18 days’ paid vacation, and 11 paid holidays. Our office is conveniently located in the heart of downtown D.C. and the person hired for this position will work a hybrid schedule from our downtown D.C. office.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to work collaboratively with smart and dedicated colleagues, apply today with your resume and a brief summary of why you'd be a great fit.
Inside Higher Ed is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are unable to sponsor for this position. No contract opportunities available.
As an organization, Inside Higher Ed is committed to providing a safe work environment for all employees and visitors. This position will require proof of full COVID vaccination prior to employment.
Inside Higher Ed
Get fresh Inside Sales Account Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.