- Posted: 11 days ago
Insero Talent Solutions has partnered with a multi location shipping and distribution company in Rochester, NY to recruit an IT Administrator.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for providing on going analysis, planning, procurement, management, and maintenance of Company information technology including: systems, networks, telecommunications, hardware and software for all Company locations.
POSITION REPORTS TO: President
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directs all IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
- Develops and plans the Company strategy for on-going improvements to existing systems and implementing new IT technology to support business growth and new initiatives.
- Oversees daily computer system operations, identifies and corrects problems to help ensure maximum system “up time”.
- Develops configuration and performance standards for Company systems network; implements and monitors controls to ensure they are maintained
- Strategically plans for growth in employee demand/reliance on technology and its capabilities. Identifies alternatives, develops business plans and timelines for system hardware and software upgrades.
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions
- Designs methods and procedures for automated reporting and other administrative tasks. Directs operations and executes system production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Develops and implements a Disaster Recovery Plan that includes hardware, software and data storage backup and retrieval.
- Designs and maintains system security and verifies that all systems maintain secured status.
- Reviews all designs, code and unit test plans where applicable
- Schedules, coordinates and performs hardware repair and maintenance. Records maintenance history.
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts. Represents the IT function at customer review meeting when appropriate.
- Performs liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting
- Conducts interviews and makes recommendations for new hires, consultants and/or replacement personnel to support the IT function.
- Directs and prioritizes the work load and training programs of subordinate employees.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to handle conflicting demands, prioritize multiple tasks, manage to timelines and handle pressure on a daily basis. Strong analytical, written, oral and verbal skills are required. Must be proficient with the use and application of Power Builder, Unix, Windows 2000 Server, MS-SQL server, SQL queries and Enterprise Manager. Demonstrated experience and proficiency with software development, programming, wide area network administration, network management and network security is essential.
EDUCATION: The minimum completion of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Administration or related technical field of study is required.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 3 – 5 years experience is required in computer operations, systems engineering, and network design, along with 2 years experience in IT consulting or systems management.
Insero Talent Solutions
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?