Accounting Manager, Advancement Services
Insero Talent Solutions has partnered with SUNY Cortland on their search for an Accounting Manager, Advancement Services.
Professional administrator responsible for all aspects of financial reporting for the Cortland College Foundation (CCF), CCF Properties, Inc., and the Alumni Association.
- Prepare financial statements, maintain general ledger account analysis and perform financial reporting using Financial Edge
- Maintain investment accounts and related restricted fund balances
- Prepare the CCF annual budget to include development of an annual spending calculation and ensuring adherence to state legislation – NYPMIFA
- Conduct audit oversight and annual reporting to outside entities to include SUNY System, CAE/VSE, NACUBO, etc.
- Management, review, and monitoring of the charitable gift annuity program including coordinating quarterly distributions, preparing annual state filings, and preparing state registrations as needed
- Perform cash flow analysis and maintenance of electronic funds transfer processes, as well as maintenance of all banking, brokerage, and credit account relationships
- Responsible for cash receipts and accounts payable and associated internal controls
- Responsible for preparation of annual state charitable gift solicitation registrations
- Provide support and serve as liaison to the CCF Finance and Audit Committee
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills and supervise and lead a team
- Demonstrate effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to develop collaborative working relationships
- Effectively prioritize, establish tasks and goals to manage and complete multiple projects with critical deadlines.
Functional and Supervisory Relationships
- Reports to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement
- Work closely with the VPIA/Executive Director of CCF and members of the CCF Board of Directors, with specific collaboration with the CCF BOD Finance Committee chairperson(s).
- Supervise 2 (two) full-time employees
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Several years of progressive experience in managing budget, financial and accounting operations to include knowledge of GAAP, preparation of financial statement
- CPA or Masters in Accountancy
- Experience with financial services in higher education environment
- Knowledge of Financial Edge/NXT advancement database software
- Experience working effectively with a Board of Directors
- Supervisory experience
Insero Talent SolutionsCortland, NY
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Accounting Manager, Advancement Services jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.