The Bookkeeper Accountant is hands-on, organized, hard-working and nimble with a keen attention to detail in a growing technology company. The Bookkeeper is responsible for all financial and operational functions of the organization. This position will play a key role in the organization’s revenue collection strategy and long-term financial stability. The role will collaborate with the executive management team to analyze department finances and develop and track budgets.
The Bookkeeper role requires a high level of professionalism in both internal and external communication. This staff person will be expected to manage multiple assignments concurrently, work efficiently to meet deadlines, and maintain excellent working relationships with clients, outside vendors, and the Insellerate staff. This position offers an opportunity for a bookkeeper to impact a growing technology company with a national client base. Enjoy a collaborative environment in a relaxed office as part of a creative, passionate team that cares about the organization’s success and positive impact to our clients.
The role is a full-time exempt position.
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE (80%)
- Partner with CPA and CFO in all finance and accounting functions.
- Manage day-to-day bookkeeping, invoicing, and revenue collection.
- Provide weekly and monthly financial reports to management and board or directors with support of CPA.
- Support CFO and CPA in annual audit, budget creation and on-going review.
QuickBooks and SaasOptics
- Enter and pay all invoices per established guidelines.
- Create and manage invoicing for clients.
- Manage revenue collections and communication process.
- Monitor and analyze the organizational financial position, preparing regular cash flow projections and budget forecasts. Effectively communicate and present financial matters to the executive team and the Board of Directors with the preparation of monthly closings and quarterly Financial Statements for board meetings.
- Manage the budgeting process for Operations Department.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit, liaise with external auditors and the Finance committee of the Board; assess any changes necessary.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; create and update financial policies and procedure manual; ensure the Finance Department is employing best practices for non-profit accounting.
- Prepare and manage payroll, benefits management, legal compliance with employment laws for staff.
OPERATIONS AND HUMAN RESOURCES (20%)
- Manage onboarding of new employees, human resource initiatives, update employee handbook, enhance professional development, review compensation and benefits, ensure annual employee performance evaluations, and conduct trainings to educate employees regarding staff tools, and policies and procedures. Oversee recruiting processes for new staff and maintain consistent and equitable processes.
- Support IT and operations needs for the organization.
- Create monthly reporting on operational activities of the organization for Executive Team and Board.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- At least 3 years experience in an bookkeeping / accounting position at an organization with at least $3 million in annual revenue.
- Understanding of GAAP rules for corporation.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Paychex and SaaSOptics and plus.
- Strong customer service skills and demonstrated ability to develop positive work relationships with a variety of internal an external stakeholders.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to and collaborate with colleagues.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and keen critical thinking skills.
- Fierce attention to detail.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously; flexibility and adaptability are keys to success in this fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of best practices in human resources.
- Ability to set priorities and have good time management skills.
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance or other business related field
- 3 years accounting experience
- 1 years HR generalist experience
- General Ledger experience
- Financial Audit experience
- Quickbooks experience
- Certified to work in the USA
- Professional references (3)
- Bachelor's in business or economics