Director, Pharma/Biotech Business Development
Inscopix, Inc. Palo Alto, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director, Pharma / Biotech Business Development
(Palo Alto, CA or Boston, MA)
Inscopix is a neurotechnology company developing a platform and full stack for real-time brain mapping. Our vision at Inscopix is to drive new treatments to dramatically improve the health and well-being of people suffering from debilitating brain and nervous system disorders. Inscopix’s flagship products, nVista and nVoke, have been deployed in over 500 research institutions across the world resulting in over 150 top-tier scientific publications and empowering breakthroughs in Alzheimers, Parkinson’s, psychiatric disorders, chronic pain, and addiction. Based in Palo Alto, with Biology labs in Mountain View, and commercial operations around the world, the Inscopix team brings together deep domain expertise in neuroscience, engineering, and data science. Advised and backed by industry luminaries and institutional investors, Inscopix has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and by Deloitte as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies.
About the Role:
Inscopix has created a gold standard platform for brain mapping and has achieved early commercial success in the academic research market. We want to expand our success to the pharmaceutical and biotech market. In this next phase of expansion, we are seeking an innovative and experienced business development leader who can set the strategy and land contracts with pharmaceutical organizations. As an individual contributor, you will partner with our Director of Translational Science to drive strategy, lead generation, and marketing resulting in closing pharmaceutical contracts. If you have connections and strong knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, understand the challenge of establishing a new paradigm in Pharma, and are interested in making an impact on brain health, this might be the right role for you.
- Develop and execute the plan to drive revenues which includes directly contributing to the bottom line through closing contracts, establishing strategic partnerships, and leveraging industry contacts.
- Create the pharmaceutical corporate development roadmap for the next 1-2 years that includes forecasting and project plans to reach objectives.
- Understand region-specific nuances and develop regional Sales and growth strategies designed for local market conditions, with the goal of selling into Pharma / Biotech or driving contract-based business.
- Facilitate resources from and foster innovation with our marketing, science or field support teams in order to align pharmaceutical business development needs with our messaging and capabilities.
What We’re Looking for:
- Someone with life sciences and deep pharmaceutical expertise who understands how to assess a market, target customers, and close contracts. This person should understand the distinction between pre-clinical and clinical Pharma drug development in order to thrive in this role.
- We are open to the experience of the person but expect most candidates will have one of the following backgrounds.
- Experience collaborating and developing relationships with Contract Research Organizations.
- Venture capital or investment banking experience in the area of pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
- Experience selling into pharmaceutical organizations.
Other Important Skills to be Successful in this Role:
- Data-driven decision maker with strong analytical reasoning power.
- Strong networking skills and enjoys building connections within the life sciences and pharmaceutical industries.
- Ability to communicate in a thoughtful and confident manner and lead executive level conversations.
- Grasps life science knowledge easily and feel comfortable asking questions to understand this area more. Neuroscience knowledge is preferred.
- MBA or related advanced degrees are preferred.
- Scrappy and entrepreneurial personality who understands the constraints (and freedom) of a smaller company and knows how to think boldly to get things done.
We anticipate this role being based in Boston or in the Bay Area.
Please apply online at http://www.inscopix.com/careers. Our hiring team goes through emails every couple of days and will contact you if the role is a fit. Please do not apply more than once.
Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer. Inscopix welcomes and values diversity. Since our technology impact people of different backgrounds, thoughts and beliefs, we feel it’s critical to employ people that reflect the diversity of people our technology is set out to help. Employment decisions at Inscopix are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, ethnic or national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, marital or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical or genetic history or any other protected status. Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressPalo Alto, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Inscopix, Inc.