Artissimo Designs seeks a Sr. Industrial Engineer.
Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering required. Must have obtained a certified supply chain professional (CSCP) designation issued by the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS). Must have 24 months of experience in any manufacturing job title with supervisory responsibility. The 24 months of experience must have involved the following: 1. Manufacturing/distribution operations related to NAFTA (North America Free Trade Agreement), specifically between United States of America and Mexico, 2. Supply Chain Management, 3. Complying with SMETA (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit), 4. Utilizing lean manufacturing/Six Sigma Techniques, 5. Utilizing Microsoft Dynamics AX 2013 R3, 6. Handling manufacturing variances, 7. Complying with the C-TPAT Validation process, 8. Meeting/complying with local laws and applicable major U.S. retailer standards in such areas as labor, human rights, environment, health and safety (i.e. Walmart, Target, Disney).
1. Liaise with the sales team to understand peaks and troughs in the company’s need to manufacture wall art to meet customer demand.
2. With this information, make modifications to the workflow design, operations protocols, personnel headcount, and manufacturing specifications at the company's manufacturing/operations facilities so that the company can maximize efficiency by constantly scaling its production capacity to meet changes in demand.
3. Partner with the corporate product development managers in order to execute the most flexible, fastest and lowest cost introduction of new products, executing the design for manufacturing projects and engineer activities related to wall art production.
4. Recommend and maintain optimal inventory levels at various stages in the supply chain in order to achieve customer satisfaction levels as well as mitigate inventory exposure.
5. Document and share best practice methods, processes and ideas across the business's supply chain operations and engineer lean manufacturing to drive continuous improvements in all aspects of business operations.
Work Site: San Diego, CA