The Distribution Center Supervisor under the leadership of the Distribution Center Manager supports all activities at distribution center, which often involves overseeing team performance, expediting the receiving and shipping of goods, inventory reporting and cycle counts, ensuring efficiencies, organized storage, building strong partnerships with our vendors/carriers and improving overall profitability with customer satisfaction.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the distribution center operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by supervising, organizing, directing, and training warehouse employees and establishing, monitoring, and managing operation goals
- Develop warehouse/distribution operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization, inventory management, gate processes, and shipping
- Ensure all shipments adheres to all Vendor Compliance Guidelines
- Train and manage distribution team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics
- Work closely with Sales and Customer Service to ensure shipments are completed in timely manner
- Knowledge of Customer Service Processes/Procedures to lend support to department as needed.
- Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality and customer service standards are met
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying within State/Federal regulations
- Supervise daily activities of the warehouse, including quality assurance, inventory control, space management, logistics, floor productivity, shipping, and customer service
- Schedule and oversee warehouse team to meet the demands of the fulfillment center, and manage the flow and quality of work to maximize efficiency and minimize overtime
- Ensure ALL warehouse inbound/outbound shipments are validated prior to processing shipments
- Monitor all inbound freight (Import/Domestic) shipments to ensure proper scheduling with daily dock appointments.
- Inspect equipment, tools, and machinery regularly, and oversee general maintenance as needed
- Establish daily/weekly meetings with warehouse leads to review, analyze, and develop actionable plans for productivity and loss prevention
- Oversee and manage logistics utilized to transport products to customers and internal facilities, communicating with drivers and air partners to ensure efficient delivery of packages
- Reports on inventory levels, supply chain progress and procedural efficiency
- Management of inventory cycle counts and system reporting
- Demonstrate the ability to research inventory variances and determine the origin
- Manages inventory tracking system to record deliveries, shipments and stock levels.
- Evaluates deliveries, shipments and product levels to improve inventory control procedures
- Maintain accuracy of the system with true inventory levels and transactions
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Leads the efforts of item status for easy identification of product life cycle (Active, closeout and or liquidation)
- Develops business relationships with suppliers and clients.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Leadership and management (Lead by Example: “Inspect what we expect”)
- Warehouse/Logistic software and best practices
- Professional verbal and written communication
- Organizational and logistics skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solving and solution driven
- Data analysis
- Able to lift-up to 25 pounds
- Interpersonal ability
- Team oriented
- Proactive critical thinking
- Excel Proficient
- Bilingual (English, Spanish) required
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in business, logistics, systems engineering, supply chain management or similar
- Minimum of five years of experience in a similar role
- Experience working with inventory management software and forecasting strategies
- Experience conducting tracking and data analysis
- Product and inventory management certification a plus
- Forklift certified
Inquire for company information