Senior Systems Administrator
- Posted: over a month ago
Input Technology Solutions is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to support our Navy client (Chief, Naval Installations Command, or CNIC) in Norfolk, VA.
Work is full-time onsite at Norfolk Naval Station, Norfolk, VA.
The Senior Systems Administrator will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Windows System Administrator Maintenance to provide installation of Windows Server and desktop operating systems and related Commercial of the Shelf (COTS) products systems support.
- Cybersecurity knowledge and Windows server 2012 R2 administration experience are required.
- The Senior Systems Administrator will implement and maintain infrastructure including domain controllers, Exchange email service, SQL server, Microsoft Development Toolkit and Windows Server Update Services; monitor system performance to support capacity planning; implement and monitor system backups and disaster recovery and troubleshoot network and operating system problems.
- Other areas of support may include support for architecture design analysis for technology refresh planning and implementation and, evaluating and effectively communicating complex system problem identification and resolution.
- The Senior Systems Administrator will maintain awareness of and participate in planning and execution of upgrades and patches for operating systems and COTS cybersecurity software/tools, create and maintain multiple virtual server systems based on VMware, and provide user support and troubleshooting (workstation, account and system).
- Additionally, support for examination, testing and deployment of operating systems, and software patches/updates.
- The Senior Systems Administrator will have the lifecycle support knowledge to provide recommendations to the CNIC and Navy regions tenants onsite leads on techniques to enforce compliance with the information system security procedures for the control of information.
- A modest amount of travel to field locations may be required.
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Computer or Electrical Engineering and five years of experience in system design, administration, operations, procedures and troubleshooting, or
- Bachelor's degree in another technical field and seven years of experience in system design, administration, operations, procedures and troubleshooting
Input Technology Solutions
TechnologyView all jobs at Input Technology Solutions