Insurance Loan Underwriter
Input 1 Phoenix, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the Job
The goal of the Insurance Loan Underwriter is to identify and evaluate risks involved in financing consumer and commercial premium finance loans. The focus will be on establishing the authorities and mailing/funding requirements of all parties involved in the writing of the insurance policy(ies) listed on the finance agreement. The Insurance Loan Underwriter is responsible to ensure that all loans received are processed and funded in a timely manner and in accordance with the procedures. of each of the finance companies we manage. They are also responsible for working with customers, management, and sales to facilitate the renegotiation of finance terms for any loan received that falls outside of acceptance standards.
About Our Company, Culture, and Values
Input 1 has a unique growth story, with its early beginnings as a family-built general agency in the 1950s. With unquestionable dedication to providing necessary and progressive solutions to an ever-evolving industry, Input 1 has since then grown to be a leading provider of software, payment, billing, and business process outsourcing solutions to the property and casualty insurance industry.
Choosing to work for Input 1 as an employee or as a client means choosing to work with really good people. Integrity, compassion, and respect are vital to the character of the people that work at our company. Knowledge, flexibility, and constant self-evaluation are drivers of our success. Our work environment rewards excellence, not egos.
What You’ll Do
- Review quotes and finance agreements for exposure from risks to ensure they meet eligibility requirements and, renegotiate terms that are acceptable within defined turn around standards.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with peers, sales representatives, insurance agents, insurance carriers and customers through superior service.
- Obtain policy provisions, mailing and funding instructions from general agents and insurance companies.
- Confirm existing relationships between agents, general agents, and insurance companies.
- Approve and code finance agreements for data entry, ensuring that the risks involved are within defined standards for acceptability, or obtain necessary bypass approvals.
- Enter loans and perform account adjustments within the loan system when needed to meet loan acceptance standards.
- Ensure all loans due for boarding are assigned account numbers daily or that carry over approval has been granted and report the updated status of the loan daily to the Operations Manager and Marketing.
- Ensure all loans due for funding are funded daily or obtain carry over approval. Report the updated status of the funding requirements/status to the Operations Manager or the Manager’s designee and Marketing daily.
- Answer overflow Customer Relations calls during peak call times or when the call center is short people to ensure we meet customer expected call answer times.
- Assist Collateral Protection as needed during staffing shortages.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
Competencies and Experience
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of prior experience in insurance risk or insurance financing is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Solid analytical particularly as it relates to financial exposure analysis.
- Service oriented mindset with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to persuade.
- A sense of urgency in resolving impediments and meeting daily/monthly deadlines and objectives.
- Ability to exercise good judgement.
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision, or in groups to achieve positive results.
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to handle a high degree of ambiguity and change.
- Positive, upbeat attitude at all times.
- This job may operate remotely and/or in the office, based on the needs of the business.
- Competitive, based on experience.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- 10 paid holidays.
- Vacation/sick time.
- Company provided work equipment and/or business reimbursements.
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Input 1