The goal of this position is to successfully manage a team of Business Development Officers nationally selling and maintaining property and casualty premium finance and related software relationships while also acquiring and nurturing their own book of business. This is a combined management and sales position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish action plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; project expected sales volume and profit
- Develop and maintain a talented sales team by working with Human Resources in recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees
- Counsel and advise relevant management and staff with daily planning, activity reports and results
- Expected field travel of no less than 4 days per week spent on outside sales activity, including traveling with Business Development Officers or in the field growing and maintaining an individual book of business
- Collaborate with the EVP, Sales & Marketing to discuss the marketplace, staff, revenue opportunities and other criteria
- Solicit new business
- Delegate responsibility where appropriate based on each employee’s ability and potential
- Help employees to see their potential, develop their skills and assist them in their career development
- Identify performance expectations, give timely feedback and conduct formal performance reviews on or before the deadline
- Take timely and appropriate corrective/disciplinary actions with employees
- Display fairness towards all employees
- Present a professional image at all times
- Work with the marketing team by creating and managing promotional initiatives intended to up-sell and cross-sell new products and services to existing and prospective clients
- Produce reports from sales and client database
- Adhere to corporate identity guidelines and branding principles in coordination with senior management
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful in this position, the individual must be able to perform each essential function. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this position.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- 5+ years of related new business development experience
- Experience prospecting and calling on insurance agents, general agents and insurance carriers
- Must be proficient with applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and CRM solutions.
- Proven sales ability with a successful track record of increasing sales
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with prospects, referral sources, and colleagues
- Demonstrates the ability to be self-motivated, independent worker
- Demonstrates the ability to establish and maintain effective customer relationships
- Strong networking ability with business partners
- Ability to be proactive, innovative and creative in meeting customer and enterprise needs
- Ability to deliver dynamic presentations to business clients
- Knowledge and understanding of property and casualty industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Input 1's P&C billing solutions help insurance carriers with tailored offerings at a lower cost and with a shorter implementation timeline than when internal IT resources are used. Input's premium finance outsourcing helps banks, insurance carriers and insurance brokers build a valuable profit center that also improves service levels and service options for the customer.
Input 1's premium finance and warranty software solutions have a very broad application in the insurance financing space. Our systems are used by the largest premium finance companies in the United States as well as smaller boutique agent-owned finance businesses. In total, Input's systems help manage over 1 million policyholder accounts every year.
Input 1 is unique because we use the very software that we distribute to the marketplace. In fact, our Business Process Outsourcing Service Center handles over 175,000 accounts per year, representing over half a billion in property and casualty premiums. This all results in our customers having a business partner with unequaled capability and know-how in the marketplace.