BEHAVIORAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Berks and surrounding Counties in Pennsylvania.
Person Driven Clinical Solutions (PDCS) LLC, an affiliate of Inperium, Inc. & Apis Management Services, is a rapidly growing human services company based in Eastern Pennsylvania. We are expanding our services in Berks and surrounding Counties in PA.
We are seeking a Full-Time candidate who is interested in joining an organization who embraces the practice of being person driven, to organize meaningful behavioral support services for individuals living with Mental Health (MH) and/or Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD). The ideal candidate must be able to complete a basic functional assessment, identify an individual’s needs, partner with program participants and Direct Support Professionals (DSP), while having the ability to work in a team environment. The candidate will also be expected to respond to planned training and support needs, facilitate debriefings, develop support agreements and maintain progress notes and required documentation.
The Behavior Support Specialist will:
- Function with autonomy, discipline, diplomacy and professionalism within the guidelines established by this organization
- Promote the well-being of the organization and report any concerns to the PDCS Eastern Region Director
- Function with the highest esteem in dealing with all individuals, provider employees, supervisors, and funding/monitoring counties
- Act as a clinical leader and a mentor with Direct Support Professionals (DSP) in regards to the person clinical and support needs
- Be an advocate for all of the policies, protocols and practices of the organization
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB AND ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS
- Complete evaluation/detailed assessment of individualized needs for individuals needing a Behavioral Support Plan (BSP) or a Restrictive Procedure Plan (RPP)
- Ensure all individuals Behavior Support Plans (BSP) are in compliance with our residential partners policies and 55 Pa. Code Chapter 6400 at all times
- Ensure that all support plans are Person Driven, integrate Practice Based Evidence and reflect the core clinical needs of the individual
- Assess each person and their team support needs on an ongoing basis
- Meet with individual teams to determine areas requiring intervention for initial development and ongoing changes
- Collect, organize, review, and analyze data on challenging strategies
- Communicates to the Support Coordinators and Program Coordinator of need for plan review
- Review and revise plans annually for each individual at ISP Annual Review or whenever requested by the individual’s supports team
- Revise the plans in conjunction with each individual and each individual’s plan team, including the individual’s Supports Coordinator
- Attend (as required) psychiatric, medical, and therapy appointments as needed for consumers
- Provides necessary data and a brief summary of how the consumer has been since the last appointment
- Oversee and monitor the proper and accurate completion of forms and tracking tools
- Train residential/ program staff on the consumer behavior support plan and the individual preference for supports
- Develop and mentor Direct Support Professionals (DSP) on how to effectively connect, partner, and support the people they support
- Facilitate partnering meetings, and debriefings for and with team members as needed
- Provide basic clinical training (Trauma, Dual Diagnosis or Autism) to all team members as needed
- Identify trainings/ resources necessary for Direct Support Professionals (DSP) to provide/ improve quality of care
- Provide oversight of Restrictive Procedure and Behavior Support Plans at the CLA
- Assist Director of Behavioral Supports with tracking current Behavior Support Plans and Restrictive Procedure Plans implementation and review dates
- Assist Director of Behavioral Supports with preparing and facilitating the monthly Restrictive Procedure Review Committee (RPRC)
- Effectively manage approved hours provided to not exceed annual HCSIS or Residential Provider Contracts authorizations
- Notify PDCS Eastern Region Director of concerns / issues and elevate needs when a team or staff are struggling with an individual
- Produce and maintain action plans and progress notes based on needs of Direct Support Professionals (DSP) and individual relationships
- Timely submit proper, complete and accurate required documentation/ paperwork as required by State and Federal Regulations, PDCS, and HIPAA
- Available to direct supervisor by company cell phone and email at all times to assist with Behavioral Support questions and/or concerns
- Attendance to all required meetings and trainings
The position requires a valid Driver’s License and a minimum of two (2) years of experience working with MH/IDD consumers. Knowledge and experience with Positive Approaches, Dual Diagnosis, Person Centered Thinking, trauma informed care, group facilitation, and staff mentoring a plus. A Master’s Degree in Human Services or a related field is required. Candidates who are completing their Master’s Degree will also be considered.
Apis Management Services and its family of affiliates, provides supporting services to an array of non-profit, public charity organizations including, but not limited to, human services, behavior health, and intellectual development disability agencies. The organizations that we support are expanding rapidly and continue to further their missions by providing person directed, community based services to individuals and their family members living with behavioral health, intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
Apis Management Services offers a competitive starting salary and benefits package to all full-time employees.
Apis Management Services Management Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.