Inovio Pharmaceuticals San Diego, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
INOVIO is a biotechnology company focused on rapidly bringing to market precisely designed DNA medicines to treat and protect people from infectious diseases, cancer, and diseases associated with HPV. INOVIO is the first and only company to have clinically demonstrated that a DNA medicine can be delivered directly into cells in the body via a proprietary smart device to produce an efficacious, robust and tolerable immune response. Partners and collaborators include Advaccine, ApolloBio Corporation, AstraZeneca, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI), Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)/Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defense (JPEO-CBRND)/Department of Defense (DOD), HIV Vaccines Trial Network, International Vaccine Institute (IVI), Medical CBRN Defense Consortium (MCDC), National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Ology Bioservices, the Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy, Plumbline Life Sciences, Regeneron, Richter-Helm BioLogics, Roche/Genentech, Thermo Fisher Scientific, University of Pennsylvania, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, and The Wistar Institute. For more information, visit www.inovio.com.
The Associate Scientist works independently and as part of a team to develop and conduct a broad spectrum of techniques that measure immune responses to INOVIO DNA medicine candidates. The individual works both collaboratively and independently in the lab to navigate communication with different operational teams, solves complex problems, troubleshoots essential data pipeline initiatives, and analyzes clinical samples in a GCLP environment. The Associate Scientist has working knowledge of ligand binding assays and can design, execute, interpret, and troubleshoot experiments for assay development, validation/qualification, and sample analysis. The Associate Scientist may train and supervise Research Associate level scientific staff.
Essential job functions and duties
- Design and conduct ligand binding assays and cellular response assays for multiple studies. This includes ELISA, Meso Scale Discovery ECL, ELISpot and flow cytometry-based assays to measure immune cell responses to INOVIO DNA medicine candidates in clinical studies.
- Provide a high level of technical expertise to lead the development of new or existing assays for multiple studies, as assigned.
- Lead sample analyses and data analyses of ligand binding assays, such as ELISA. Independently troubleshoot experiments and identify next steps.
- Present experimental results in departmental and/or company meetings.
- Work with sample management, shipping and clinical operation teams to track samples.
- Ensure proper documentation and record keeping is completed as required.
- Anticipate and oversee the completion of general lab duties, such as reagents preparation, stocking supplies, equipment maintenance, cleaning, and shipping and receiving.
- Independently identify and advocate for ways to optimize workflows.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences, preferably in immunology, cell or molecular biology.
- Minimum 4 years of research experience within an academic or industry lab with a Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of research experience with a Master’s degree.
- Previous experience performing and designing immunological assays and handling human biological samples
- Experience in the following laboratory techniques:
- ELISA or other ligand binding assays
- Mammalian tissue culture
- Experience in ELISpot and Flow Cytometry preferred.
- Experience writing Standard Operating Procedures
- Experience with assay validation/qualification
- Experience with Good Documentation Practice and Good Clinical Laboratory Practice
- Ability to work independently and complete assignments within established timelines
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with people at all levels and departments of INOVIO
- Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills
INOVIO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with our policy, INOVIO will recruit, hire, train and promote into all job titles the most qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, creed, gender, gender identity and expression, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
A current US work authorization is required. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. INOVIO offers an attractive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Important notice to employment businesses/agencies
INOVIO does not accept referrals from employment agencies unless written authorization from the INOVIO Human Resources department has been provided. In the absence of written authorization, any actions undertaken by employment agencies shall be deemed to have been performed without our consent and therefore INOVIO will not be liable for any fees arising from employment agency referrals in respect to current or future position vacancies at INOVIO.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSan Diego, CA
ScienceView all jobs at Inovio Pharmaceuticals