Occupational Therapist Acute Care PRN
Come join our fabulous Inova Fair Oaks Team as an Occupational Therapist!! We are a top-ranked acute care community hospital serving the rapidly growing suburbs of Northern Virginia. Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is committed to providing safe care, excellent service and is continuously striving to improve each patient's unique experience. We are proud to have been named one of the Nation's 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics four times. Our interdisciplinary team is passionate and engaged, we are focused on learning new approaches and techniques to treating our patients.
As an Occupational Therapist -PRN *** 2 WEEKEND DAYS PER MONTH AND AVAILABLE FOR 1-2 DAYS PER WEEK*** you will adhere to department policy regarding time frame, form and content of written evaluations, progress notes and discharge summaries. To help achieve our mission, you will communicate effectively with patients, families, medical staff, care team members, students, supervisors and outside contacts.
- Documents the results of the evaluation clearly and completely, including all essential elements, according to department policy.
- Maintains department/clinic productivity standards and makes efficient use of non-billable time while minimizing use of non-billable time.
- Selects evaluation and treatment methods appropriate to the diagnosis, age group and physical/emotional status of patients and formulates appropriate treatment plans.
- Completes discharge notes that include a summary of the course of treatment, progress toward goals, discharge needs, recommendations for follow-up and patient and/or family education.
- Applies knowledge of therapeutic techniques during the evaluation and throughout the course of treatment while adjusting the treatment plan regularly and appropriately as patient status changes.
- Completes daily progress notes that reflect patients' responses to treatment, actual performance and an assessment as to their status relevant to the treatment plan along with eventual discharge needs and treatment summaries if needed.
- Communicates effectively with patients, family, medical staff, care team members, students, supervisors and outside contacts.
- Provides educational materials and methods appropriate to patients' levels of understanding and motivation.
- New graduate Occupational Therapy eligible. One year of experience in acute care preferred.
- Bachelor of Science, Occupational Therapy. Master's Degree Preferred
- BLS certified through the American Heart Association.
Virginia License required upon start
Inova is Northern Virginia's leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare - every time, every touch - to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova's 22,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Inova Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, pregnancy (including childbirth, pregnancy-related conditions and lactation), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by law.
3600 Joseph Siewick DriveFairfax, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.