Clinical Nurse Educator - Pediatric Cardiac ICU
Inova Children's in beautiful Northern Virginia is actively seeking a Clinical Educator for our Pediatric Cardiac ICU (PCICU)! If you love teaching and have Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care experience, then this is the perfect opportunity to join a Magnet designated institution and help develop a new and growing unit!
Sign on Bonus and Relocation Bonus (for eligible candidates).
Ideal candidates for the PCICU Clinical Educator will have excellent communication skills and can facilitate strong relationships across all levels of nursing and physician management. The PCICU Clinical Educator is a self-motivated role model and is constantly looking for staff development opportunities. To ensure quality patient care, the Pediatric Clinical Educator will oversee quality improvement, safety, and regulatory requirements, and evaluate all education and training programs. This includes collaborating with nursing and physician management to develop comprehensive plans for meeting the educational needs of the staff in the unit and carry out those plans to support high quality and excellence in patient care.
The PCICU Clinical Educator will thrive in a 12-bed state-of-the-art unit and will assist in overseeing growth of the staff, unit, and the pediatric ECMO and Pulmonary Hypertension programs. The time is now to use your comprehensive clinical expertise to be an influential leader as the hospital expands our Pediatric Congenital Heart program!
- Master's degree in nursing, healthcare, education and/or other relevant field.
- CCRN certification (or will need to obtain within 1 year of hire).
- Minimum of 3 years progressive experience in clinical nursing in designated specialty (PCICU) and in nursing/clinical education
- Clinical Nurse educator experience preferred.
- BLS for healthcare provider from the American Heart Association.
- Licensed or eligible for licensing in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse.
- Proficient in English. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others.
- Proficient computer skills required.
We are Inova, Northern Virginia's leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Every day, our 24,000+ team members provide world-class healthcare to the communities we serve. Our people are the reason we're a national leader in healthcare safety, quality and patient experience. And from best-in-class facilities to professional development opportunities, we support them at every step. At Inova, we're constantly striving to be ever better - to shape a more compassionate future for healthcare.
Inova Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, pregnancy (including childbirth, pregnancy-related conditions and lactation), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by law.
3300 Gallows RoadFalls Church, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.