FT - Materials Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Inova McLean Ambulatory Surgery Center is a full service ambulatory outpatient facility. We provide cost-effective outpatient services using modern, state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and caring environment by highly-skilled, compassionate staff serving the Washington DC Metro area.
We are seeking an experienced RN to fill the critical role of Materials Manager for this facility. This position is responsible for the coordination of the entire inventory process beginning with the placement of orders with vendors through receiving, verifying, storing, and distribution of supplies.
Full Time, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
JOB DUTIES include, but are not limited to:
- Generating purchase orders, forwarding purchase orders to vendors, confirming pricing, quantity, unit of measure, and updating pricing in HST.
- Maintaining accurate filing system of purchase orders to allow for the easy identification of outstanding orders.
- Verifying daily delivery of items with packing slips and purchase orders, and notes back-orders.
- Reviewing invoices to verify cost of items, updates costs in HST as necessary, maintains database.
- Coordinating accounts payables related to inventory with the Business Office Manager.
- Coordinating quarterly physical inventory counts as directed by the Administrator.
- Maintaining par levels for supply and medications at an appropriate level in order to utilize a just in time inventory system and control cost of inventory.
- Researching and resolving problems with damaged, missing or incorrect merchandise. Meeting with vendors on a regular basis to identify products which will increase efficiency, productivity and cost effectiveness of the clinical areas of the center.
- Two or more years of directly related experience in Materials Management in a surgery center or acute care facility.
- Registered Nurse strongly preferred, OR experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of medical and surgical supplies, including ordering and managing inventory
- Reads, writes, speaks and comprehends the English language.
- Intermittent physical mobility/activity including walking, standing, sitting, light lifting, pulling and pushing of carts, equipment, etc. Must be able to bend body downward at the waist; be able to kneel.
- Ability to organize work and follow through on own initiative.
- Basic computer skills, ability to learn new inventory system software.
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Familiarity with EDI (Electronic Data Interface) processes for purchasing supplies.
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
Inova McLean Surgery Center
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Inova McLean Surgery Center