Great time to become a part of our new cancer center! Looking for experienced oncology/Infusion nurse. This is a busy infusion center that administers chemotherapy, immunotherapies, blood products, research protocols and innovative therapies. Center provides outstanding care to patients. Supportive atmosphere to patients and their families as well as employees. Opportunities for growth.
Provides knowledgeable, caring and effective clinical practice and care coordination in collaboration with the patient,
family and all members of the healthcare delivery team. Coordinates all infusion activities to assure delivery of
compassionate, safe and quality care that is in compliance with professional practice standards. Serves as a liaison
between physicians, staff and administration to improve and maintain quality and safe patient care. Communicates
effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an
integrated approach toward patient outcomes. Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for
self-development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice. Serves as a resource,
preceptor, and mentor. Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving. Provides comprehensive
patient and family education including information about treatments, medications, chemotherapy and other items as
appropriate. Keeps patient and family informed about all aspects of patient's plan of care. Works with members of the
healthcare team to provide patient and family with appropriate resources and support as necessary.
- A minimum of two (1) year of nursing experience in an oncology setting including chemotherapy administration. Current chemotherapy card from either the Oncology Nursing Society or the Association of Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurses.
- Nursing experience in an acute care or ambulatory infusion setting.
- Education: BSN or MSN or if Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
- Complete BSN within 24 months of start date.
- BLS. Current chemotherapy card from either the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) or the Association of Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurses.
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as an RN.
- Proficient in English. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others. Proficient computer skills required.
Work Site Address: 3300 GALLOWS ROAD
Schedule: Monday-Friday with rotating weekends
Work Site City/State: FALLS CHURCH, VA