Pathology Technician I
- Posted: over a month ago
Pathology Post-Life Technician I
B.S. or B.A. degree in Biology, Life sciences, Chemistry or Science field, or High School diploma/equivalent and 12 months appropriate laboratory experience, preferred. Additional experience may substitute for lack of High School diploma. College level courses may substitute for 6 months experience.
Strong attention to detail.
Familiarity with basic computer applications such as email, MS Word and Excel.
- Adherence to laboratory health and safety
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Adherence to applicable company policies and guidelines
- Adherence to federal and/or local regulations as applicable
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Learns how to review study protocol and ensure study tasks and data for pre-clinical research studies are conducted in accordance with established protocols, SOPs, GLPs, and other pertinent regulatory requirements.
- Learns to serve as head technician for general toxicology and DART studies and to perform protocol review in preparation for PI meeting attendance. Position requires the ability to manage multiple studies within scope of expertise.
- Learns how to generate study forms and worksheets.
- Receives extensive training in various technical procedures including prosection of multiple species (rats, mice, rabbits, canines, primates) for necropsy.
- Receives extensive training in various technical procedures including c-sections and various fetal examinations (externals, viscerals, heads, and skeletals) for DART.
- Receives extensive training in various technical procedures which may include basic use of the Hamilton Thorne Tox-IVOS System (sperm motility) and/or assisting with various aspects of sperm analysis (density, spermatid head counts, and morphology) for SCVCE/Fertility.
- Learns how to maintain equipment for base laboratory.
- Learns how to maintain sanitation in the necropsy and DART rooms and the storage of supplies (if applicable).
- Learns how to prepare stains and fixatives.
- Learns to record observations and collect other relevant data via data capture systems and/or hand-generated forms in accordance with GLPs, SOPs, and protocol.
- Learns and performs proper procedure for shipment of samples and maintenance of inventories.
Additional Position Responsibilities (if applicable):
- Learns to recognize deviations, informs appropriately and documents with assistance.
- Learns to plan assigned workload daily and effectively schedule multiple assignments.
- Learns to review own data and identifies potential problems.
- Safely work with potentially hazardous substances including potential/known teratogens, carcinogens and/or radiolabeled test materials.
- Ability to function effectively in a team-oriented atmosphere and work independently when necessary.
- May assist with more advance procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Overtime, weekend, and holiday work as required.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand or sit for several hours at a time during necropsy, microscopy, etc.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated immunological tolerance to animals (if applicable to base laboratory).
- Work requires passing annual physical and the use of other PPE (personal protective equipment)
HealthcareView all jobs at Inotiv Inc