Information Security Manager
Inotiv Inc Fort Collins, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
Inotiv, Inc., is a publicly listed drug discovery and development company with more than 500 employees at 6 sites. Originally founded in 1974 under the name Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. (BASi), the company was reinvented in 2017 when current leadership launched a new strategic plan and vision to become the preferred, “solutions-oriented” Contract Research Organization (CRO). Our headquarters are in West Lafayette, Indiana.
Inotiv provides contract research services on innovative approaches to drug discovery and development for and with emerging pharmaceutical companies and the world’s leading drug development companies and medical research organizations. By assembling top-class scientists, state-of-the-art technologies as well as substantial experience and expertise in key therapeutic areas, Inotiv has a strong foundation to continue our unique leading position as a contemporary drug discovery and development company.
This position is responsible and accountable for the information security posturing at Inotiv. With direction from the Corporate Information Technology Director, this position will work with Inotiv leadership to implement industry standard information security policies and procedures. This is a hands-on position that will require occasional travel between Inotiv sites to work with corporate as well as distributed IT staff and leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the authoritative voice for information security at Inotiv
- Responsible and accountable for the development, testing, and maintenance of the information security disaster recovery plan for all Inotiv sites
- Completes security projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments
- Verifies results by conducting system audits of technologies and processes implemented
- Responsible for reviewing performance of information security systems to determine operating costs, application efficiency, and upgrade requirements
- Implements information security strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying threats; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
- Maintains information security systems by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Monitor applicable security threats to the infrastructure and execute plans to mitigate risk
- Assist with deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all information security systems
- Assists with negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service level agreements
- Assists with regulatory inspections and/or sponsor audits related to IT issues as needed.
- Keep abreast of new rules, guidance and industry standards and regulations in order to improve and maintain IT compliance.
- Occasional travel to other Inotiv sites, estimated 30-40% travel load
- Maintain confidential information
- Interact with the community and employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
Number of Employees Supervised: N/A
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- Industry recognized security certification(s), CISSP, CISM, CISA preferred
- 3 to 5 years of information technology related work experience with extensive focus on security initiatives, including management of security systems and policies
- Equivalent combination of related education and required work experience will be considered
Skills & Abilities:
- Familiarity with networked/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- An excellent understanding of secure computing environments.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and project management skills.
- Strong understanding of SOX, GLP, GMP, and other appropriate regulations.
- Ability to solve complex problems quickly and completely.
- Experience supporting remote business locations and the issues associated with supporting distributed organizations.
- Know and understand applicable national and state regulations, with the ability to apply these practices daily
- Strong understanding of disaster recovery development and procedures, and the testing of the defined procedures.
- Extensive experience with Enterprise Active Directory administration of a multi-domain environment.
Tools, Equipment & Other Resources Used:
- Various software applications sustained by a Windowsä platform. (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Firewalls, network switches, other security devices and software
- Various computers, routers, switches, servers, network hubs and other associated hardware.
- Characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Minimum Salary – $75,000
At Inotiv our team members come together in support of an organization focused on delivering the experience, knowledge, and responsiveness demanded from an industry striving to bring new cures to market more safely and faster than ever before. Come join our team and make a difference!
Salary will be commensurate with experience and responsibilities. Benefits include health and dental coverage, short- and long-term disability, paid time off, 401K participation with company match, etc.
Inotiv is an equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify employer.
AddressFort Collins, CO
TechnologyView all jobs at Inotiv Inc