Animal Research Technician
Inotiv Inc Boulder, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 Hourly
Inotiv is seeking a Lab Animal Technician to join the In Vivo team in Boulder, CO. Inotiv, Inc. is a contract research organization that provides pre-clinical research services and monitoring instruments to emerging pharmaceutical companies and medical research organizations. Our focus is on developing innovative services supporting our clients’ discovery and development objectives for improved decision-making and accelerated goal attainment (www.inotivco.com).
- Administer doses of compounds to rats and mice via common dosing routes, including but not limited to oral, intravenous, subcutaneous, intraperitoneal, and intradermal.
- Perform blood collections from rats and mice via tailvein, retroorbital, and terminal blood draws.
- Formulate experimental compounds for administration.
- Help coordinate principal investigator's activities across 5-15 studies, including communicating with customers.
- Assist in rodent surgeries, including suturing.
- Conduct behavioral testing (Gait analysis, Von Frey testing, etc.)
- Supports and participates in other company initiatives as directed by senior management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.S./B.A. in science (biology or equivalent) with 2 years direct laboratory animal work experience, or Associate degree, or equivalent, in science with at least 4 years of direct laboratory animal work experience, or six years of direct laboratory animal work experience without a college science degree, or equivalent combination of related education and required work experience will be considered with management approval. AALAS Certification or commitment to attaining certification within 18 months of start date.
- Research work with mice and rats, preferably including dosing and blood collections
Skills & Abilities:
- Suitable organizational skills.
- Exhibits adaptability and accuracy performing laboratory operations, some of which may be difficult and/or non-routine.
- Demonstrates an ability to use a computer to compile and maintain simple data, spreadsheets, checklists and reports for records and inventory, utilizing the appropriate software.
- Exhibits an aptitude for quality, an eye for detail, the ability to follow written instructions and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Displays a basic understanding of GLP, AAALAC, OLAW regulations and standards with the ability to apply these practices daily.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge and awareness of general laboratory procedures.
- Has an ability to work independently, as well as, a team environment.
- Exhibits good written and oral communication skills.
- Maintains a commitment to adhere to all safety regulations and procedures.
- Demonstrates an ability to follow detailed instructions with a sense for scientific method.
- Establishes positive rapport with, and exhibits respect for co-workers, managers, and other employees.
- Various software applications sustained by a Windows platform. (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- General laboratory equipment, including but not limited to fluid/syringe pumps, balances, lab mixers, incubators, centrifuges, pipettes, and hand tools.
Salary: This is a non-exempt role, minimum hourly rate is $20 per hour
ScienceView all jobs at Inotiv Inc