Opto-Electronics Packaging Engineer
Innovusion Sunnyvale, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 2016, Innovusion has core R&D teams in Silicon Valley, USA and Suzhou, China. Relying on the advanced technologies and controllable cost, Innovusion's long range image-grade LiDAR is a market leader in the autonomous driving industry. Products are also widely used in the field of vehicle-road collaboration, rail transit, intelligent highway and unmanned mining.
We are searching for a highly skilled Opto-Electronics Packaging Engineer.
- Develop module packaging and assembly processes
- Collaborate with photonics design, PCB/module design, and manufacturing team.
- Prepare and perform optical design simulation, tolerance analysis and characterization.
- Perform thermal and stress analyses of subassembly and module designs.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary colleagues on the development of optical alignment processes and performance testing procedures.
- Collaborate with system team to optimize performance, reliability and manufacturability within constraints.
- Oversee the development and qualification of packaging materials and conduct testing to ensure projected performance and reliability are met.
- Engage with both internal and external manufactures to support new product designs.
- Design and experiment for packaging reliability and perform Failure Mode Engineering Analysis (FMEA).
- Document the fabrication, inspection, and assembly processes.
- Master's degree or above in Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or related fields.
- At least 5 years industry experience with optical systems packaging, including thermal and stress simulation coupled with a deep understanding of thermal and stress issues and solutions.
- Able to interact with engineering staff, external vendors and contractors effectively
- Proven track record of package and process design and development, from design to production.
- Experience with optical epoxies, non-hermetic packaging, and high-volume packaging.
- Experience with SolidWorks.
- Self-directed and independent, driven to solve problems
- Inclined to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience in optical design simulation and tolerance analysis is a plus.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Innovusion