Innovative Medical Solutions Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsibilities and Duties
- 30% outpatient (telehealth) / 70% inpatient acute psych.
- Seven days on, seven days off or five days a week with one weekend call.
- Call coverage is expected daily to respond to inpatient consult requests within 24 hours. Acute behavioral health rounding daily. Telehealth visits for outpatient.
- Prescribe, direct, or administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders. Referring a patient for psychological testing to determine a diagnosis and its severity. Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments. Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patients to provide information on general physical condition or mental disorder.
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social or medical history obtained from patients, relatives, or other professionals.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Analyze and evaluate patient data or test findings to diagnose nature or extent of mental disorder.
- Counsel outpatients and inpatients during telehealth and face-to-face visits.
- Teach, take continuing education classes, attend conferences or seminars, or conduct research and publish findings to increase understanding of mental, emotional, or behavioral states or disorders.
- Review and evaluate treatment procedures and outcomes of other psychiatrists or medical professionals.
- Prepare and submit case reports or summaries to government or mental health agencies.
- Serve on committees to promote or maintain community mental health services or delivery systems.
- Psychotherapy, Psychoanalysis and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- Other duties as asssigned.
- Participation and coordination of appropriate patient care conferences and staff support services.
- Completes all documentation and charting on the same day or shift as the clinical service rendered.
- Bills for direct patient care activity and submits billing documentation on the same day or shift as the clinical service rendered.
- Works closely with other staff and communicates patient sign out/handoff at change of shift.
- Medical Degree from an accredited medical school.
- Board certified or board eligible preferred, experience with inpatient acute psychiatric services.
- Unrestricted state license to practice medicine required.
- Current DEA permit required.
- Familiarity with EMR/EHR.
- Teaching experience