Project Coordinator (Public Health)
- $85,000 to $95,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
The Project Coordinator will assist the Senior Project Manager(s) by directing operational logistics and effectively managing a team of project assistants and logistical coordinators. The Project Coordinator will perform and coordinate a variety of management, logistical and administrative functions as it relates to clients in the federal government and private sectors. The Project Coordinator will be an integral part of the Project Management team by providing oversight for various Project Management Organization (PMO) activities and new business development activities as directed by the President of Innovative Management Strategists (IMS).
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – position duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Liaise with Senior Project Manager(s) and clients to identify and define project requirements, scopes, and objectives that align with the organizational goals
- Provide oversight of day-to-day logistical operations which includes all engagements and clients (i.e. federal & commercial) working collaboratively with Senior Leadership and other members of the Project Management team
- Work across IMS governmental contract(s), as requested, and serve as the corporate point of contact for project employees
- Directly manage projects within the PMO
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule and defined budgets
- Assign tasks to dedicated team members, based on individual strengths and abilities
- Ensure project deadlines are met and undertaking project tasks, as required.
- Development and implementation of effective training and development programs for the project team, including new hire orientation training on corporate culture, expectations, and position responsibilities
- Support new business development opportunities and execution of initiatives, as directed
- Provide weekly status updates to the Senior Project Manager(s) and/or President on all business activities – corporate and contractual
- Develop presentations and track business development notes and progress, working with the accounting office to reconcile expenditures
- Develop project strategies and provide administrative support, as needed
- Develop idea/concepts to further growth and success of IMS and its subsidiaries
- Organize, attend, and participate in stakeholder meetings
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a customer service / administrative skills environment plus two (2) years of project management related experience. Experience and knowledge of federal government contracting work preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: A successful Project Coordinator must be an innovative, visionary, and dependable strategist committed to the long-term growth of IMS. They must also possess a dynamic personality to engage with corporate staff in different spectrums of their professional career, possessing emotional intelligence and utilizing soft skills to work effectively with leadership, employees, clients, and prospective clients. Strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to maintain effective working relationships, and the ability to effectively manage and provide feedback to staff while streamlining processes for efficiency is a must.
The Project Coordinator must be able to exercise exceptional judgement and decision-making skills, work well independently and collaboratively, and be a responsible steward of corporate resources. They must also be able to employ effective methods of research, presenting on findings, and be able to effectively present one-on-one and one to many.
The Project Coordinator must also be competent in using Microsoft Office applicants such as Word, Excel, and MS Teams. Strong analytical skills and experience in interpreting and applying policies, procedures, including governmental rules and regulations is beneficial to the role.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: This position will report to the IMS Corporate Office in Herndon, VA. The work of this class is generally performed in an office environment.
Innovative Management Strategists L
13873 Park Center RoadHerndon, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.