Junior Project Manager (Public Health)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Directs and coordinates operational logistics and effectively manages logistical coordinators and training and development programs. Performs and/or coordinates a variety of management, logistical and administrative functions as it relates to the government client in the federal sector and/or private sector clients. Provides oversight for all project management organization (PMO) activities and new business development activities as directed by the President of Innovative Management Strategists (IMS).
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – position duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work across IMS governmental contract(s) as requested
- Serve as corporate point of contact for staff
- Provide oversight of day-to-day logistical operations of IMS corporate which includes all engagements/clients (i.e. federal & commercial) working collaboratively with senior leadership and other project management staff members
- Directly manage projects within the PMO
- Support new business development opportunities and execution of initiatives as directed
- Work closely with senior leadership in business development ventures/projects
- Develop idea/concepts to further growth and success of IMS and its subsidiaries
- Orient and train staff on the corporate culture, expectations, and position responsibilities
- Assist with corporate/contractual support, as needed
- Provide weekly progress status updates to the President on all business activities – corporate and contractual
- Develop presentations and track business development notes and progress, working with the accounting office to reconcile expenditures
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a customer service skills environment plus two (2) years of project management experience. Experience and knowledge of federal government contracting work preferred. Skill with oral and written communication in Spanish preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Must be a innovative, loyal, a visionary, and dependable strategist committed to the long term growth of IMS. Must also possess a dynamic personality to engage with corporate staff in different spectrums of their professional career and possess emotional intelligence, utilizing soft skills to work effectively with leadership, staff, clients, and prospective clients. Must have the ability to work with discretion and work effectively with consultants, third party vendors, and other executive leadership. Strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to maintain effective working relationships, and the ability to effectively manage and provide feedback to staff while streamlining processes for efficiency is a must.
The Deputy Project Manager must exercise exceptional judgement and decision-making skills, work well independently and collaboratively, and be a responsible steward of corporate resources. Must also be able to employ effective methods of research, presenting on findings, and be able to effectively present one-on-one and one to many.
The Deputy Project Manager must also be skilled in the use of database, spreadsheet, word processing and related applications within Microsoft Office. Must also possess strong analytical skills and have experience in interpreting and applying policies, procedures, including governmental rules and regulations.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: This position will report to the IMS Corporate Office in Herndon, VA. The work of this class is generally performed in an office environment.
Innovative Management Strategists L
13873 Park Center RoadHerndon, VA
TechnologyView all jobs at Innovative Management Strategists L