Financial Data Analyst (FSD) - IMC0607
The financial data analyst will support a project providing business case and business process analysis for the Department of Justice’s United States Marshals Service.
Duties / Responsibilities: This position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Conduct forensic data analysis to uncover and analyze data trends, patterns, and forecasts, explain processes and techniques, recommend actions, and provide accurate and reliable responses to program- and executive-level inquiries.
- Identify, analyze, query, and produce data metrics, as well as intra- and inter-agency benchmarks and reports.
- Coordinate, execute, and aggregate data calls for program managers and Financial Services Division (FSD) executives.
- Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology, to identify, configure, and communicate useful information.
- Provide timely, relevant, and accurate reporting and analysis of the results of the Division’s performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding and working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls.
- Create monthly and quarterly status dashboards, providing a high-level financial overview of the organization to FSD leadership.
- Automate processes for both answering data calls and preparing regularly scheduled reports.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience performing tasks similar to those stated above.
- Knowledge / experience in the following areas:
- Financial Analysis
- Business Process
- Business Process engineering
- Policy compliance and reporting
- Management experience
- Data Analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel or Power BI, and strong experience with data analysis, financial and accounting (especially federal accounting) knowledge.
- Highly motivated individual who is willing to learn, work in a team environment and is self-sufficient and willing to do independent research to solve problems.
- Self-sufficient worker and analytical thinker with ability to normalize and manipulate data within large datasets to perform in depth analysis and resolve complex problems.
- Detail oriented with proven ability to adapt to a dynamic organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (both oral and written) with a customer service orientation and demonstrated ability to effectively interact at all levels across the organization to build successful relationships.
- Excellent consultative, conflict resolution, negotiation, and facilitation skills to gain consensus in a matrixed and complex organization.
- Proven problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to think out of the box and generate creative solutions; ability to break a complex problem down into its component parts and arrive at the appropriate solution in a timely fashion.
- Must be flexible and able to thrive in a time-sensitive environment to meet strict deadlines.
- Positive attitude, averse to the status quo, always looking to improve current processes and procedures; ability to see opportunities for change, to capitalize on them, and implement them when appropriate for the benefit of the organization.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic who sets high standards for self and others and demonstrates enthusiasm for the mission of the team.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship
- Must be able to obtain Moderate Risk Background Investigation (MBI) Public Trust T3 case type or higher.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Proficient in Microsoft Access.
- Federal government experience.
- Master’s or higher degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or business information systems.
- Strong experience with SQL, Business Objects, Power BI, and Tableau.
- Experience with Momentum or UFMS.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO / IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, (ISO) 14001:2015, Environmental Management Systems, and ISO 20000-1:2018 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc.Arlington, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.