Data Scientist SME
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
IMC is supporting the mission of the United States Army, Pacific’s Chief Data Officer and staff. The Chief Data Office is established as a critical part of the USARPAC Staff, and the Senior Data Scientist plays a critical role. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will collaborate with various staff elements to develop predictive analytic solutions that enable data-driven strategic decision-making. This role utilizes data science techniques to manipulate large structured and unstructured data sets, identify patterns in raw data, and develop models to predict the likelihood of a future outcome and/or to optimize solutions.
Responsibilities: The position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Create metrics-based policy to assist Army functional data communities in data maturity, utilizing a scorecard by which to evaluate adherence to established policy.
- Evaluate and create new policies setting Army data standards.
- Research and develop predictive analytic tools.
- Leverage knowledge to create/design solutions for operational needs.
- Mine large data sets using sophisticated analytical techniques to generate insights and inform strategic and operational decisions.
- Identify and test hypotheses, ensuring statistical significance, and build predictive models for military application.
- Translate quantitative analyses and findings into accessible visuals for non-technical audiences, providing a clear view into interpreting the data.
- Enable the organization to make clear tradeoffs between and among choices, with a reasonable view into likely outcomes.
- Customize analytic solutions to specific client needs.
- Responsible for larger components of projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Guide aspects of project design as a technical consultant for the team.
- Engage with the data science community and participate in cross functional working groups.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Master’s degree (scientific field of study) and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience or bachelor’s degree (scientific field of study) or equivalent and 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience assisting with the creation of web applications that comply with the OPEN Data Act.
- Ability to establish and build relationships within the aligned functional area, including building a network of key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Ability to give effective training and presentations to peers, management, and less senior leaders.
- Ability to use results of analysis to persuade team or staff management to a particular course of action.
- Has a value driven perspective with regard to understanding of work context and impact.
- Broad knowledge of predictive analytic techniques and statistical diagnostics of models.
- Expert knowledge of predictive toolset.
- Demonstrate ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Practical experience with data processing, database programming and data analytics.
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis.
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation.
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills.
- Experience with programming languages such as Java/Python.
- Experience creating technical standards and policy from senior level organizations.
- Ability to communicate proficiently (both verbally and in written form) to senior officials and others.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field.
- Experience working with data rich problems through research or programs.
- Background in Machine Learning and SQL.
- Experience with computer programming or user experience/user interface.
- Ability to successfully complete projects with large or incomplete data and provide solutions.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2018 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Innovative Management Concepts, Inc.