Systems Engineer (Windows)
- Posted: over a month ago
Join a fast-growing company highly experienced in cyber security, cloud computing, virtualization, big data analytics, and project management! IMTS offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits including tuition reimbursement and employer-contributed 401K, and referral bonuses. We work with the best customers on-site at top government agencies.
Shift/Work Hours: The core hours of operation shall be from 6:00 AM local time to 6:00 PM local time, however, Contractor Management shall plan for support to be provided on a 24x7x365 basis.
Responsible for engineering, design, integration, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base operating system, but for all support libraries, components, and application dependencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and provide ongoing support of the Windows Infrastructure.
- Serve as the expert for all Windows environments.
- Engineer, integrate, design, and deploy various Windows components and expert knowledge in Active Directory, Group Policy, digital certificates, multi factor integration, DNS and DHCP.
- Create and maintain bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate distribution of Windows and network configuration, using tools that include Windows Deployment Services, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, System Center Configuration Manager, Hyper-V, SQL Server, Windows 2016/2019, and Windows 10.
- Provision/configure required software onto servers, such as web servers and databases such as SQL Server.
- Possess proficient understanding of networks, storage, and LAN/WAN systems and applications as well as their dependencies.
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the Windows infrastructure.
- Work in hybrid environment of virtualized and cloud platforms.
- Monitor and correct server issues and create recovery processes for failures and performance bottlenecks.
- Use native, add on tools, and third-party tools to troubleshoot malfunctions, optimizations.
- Use tools include Resource Kits, Development Kits, and commercial tools.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools to include printing.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 3rd level support.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- Integrate systems with Windows as it applies to authentication and core services dependencies such single sign-on and Active Directory. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with FBI standardized software and hardware.
- Document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- Continually transition knowledge to the Government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
- A bachelor's degree preferred
- Three years of experience required.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
IMTS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
IMTS is a federal contractor. As such, we are subject to the Executive Order requiring all employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, currently under Federal Court injunction, barring enforcement. New or prospective employees must be prepared to provide proof of complete vaccination or provide a legally recognized exception on the date of their commencement of employment or thereafter should the executive order mandate be put back into effect and enforced.
Powered by JazzHR
Innovative Management & Technology Services
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?