Sr. Network Administrator
- Expired: May 05, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
IMTS is a federal contractor. As such, we are subject to the Executive Order requiring all employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Therefore, by applying for this position, you understand that you will be required to verify that you have been, or will be, fully vaccinated, or to verify that you cannot be vaccinated due to a legally recognized exception to the vaccine mandate set forth in the Executive Order.
Note: An individual is not considered to be fully vaccinated until two weeks after receiving the second vaccine dosage in a vaccine regimen involving two vaccines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Network Administrator, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Evaluate moderately complex networks to identify all obstacles to the network's optimum performance
- Maintain firewall appliances and firewall rules
- Maintain Networking Layer 2 devices and policies
- Maintain Network devices and QoS policies
- Maintain network systems and equipment
- Monitor routers and communications equipment
- Plan, Implement, and support changes to the network including cable infrastructure, network monitoring software, firmware, and hardware.
- Conduct site surveys alone, or as a team member and employ knowledge gained to configure and/or recommend the configuration of networks that will operate at optimum performance
- Research and evaluate network technologies and COTS in the course of assessing the currency of ONTU networks
- Evaluate and test network equipment
- Develop, implement, and test changes to communication networks
- Provide detailed documentation and procedures for all solutions
- Employ the research and evaluation results to produce actionable recommendations for changes that, when executed, ensure that ONTU networks remain current with leading industry standards
- Plan and conduct relevant feasibility studies and produces initial drafts of related technical standards
- Design and plan moderately complex network systems and recommends resources required to maintain planned service levels
- Install and service terminals, cables, network components
- Demonstrate proficiency with communicating network architectures through the production of clear network diagrams
- Analyze network and network equipment performance
- Resolve moderately complex network problems
- Direct the execution of projects of limited complexity
- Establish and meet established work-product deliverable deadlines
- Support the unit with other duties as assigned within the scope of work
- Integrate Network device and 5MB protocols with Software-Defined Storage technologies such as but not limited to RDMA
- Provide training to peers and users
- Provide technical assistance, training, and system documentation for users
- Resolve interoperability problems
- Active Top Secret clearance; ability to obtain CI poly
- Minimum 10 years of experience in monitoring, managing and administering internet protocol (IP) networks in a production environment
- STRONG Networking background
- CCNA Certification
- CCNP is a plus!
- Experience with Cloud technologies and interconnecting existing systems into the cloud
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) experience
- Firewall experience implementing and modifying policies
Join a fast-growing company highly experienced in cyber security, cloud computing, virtualization, big data analytics, and project management! IMTS offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits including tuition reimbursement and employer-contributed 401K, and referral bonuses. We work with the best customers on-site at top government agencies.
IMTS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Innovative Management & Technology Services
TechnologyView all jobs at Innovative Management & Technology Services