Senior Systems Engineer II (Unix/Linux)
- Posted: over a month ago
Join a fast-growing company highly experienced in cyber security, cloud computing, virtualization, big data analytics, and project management! IMTS offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits including tuition reimbursement and employer-contributed 401K, and referral bonuses. We work with the best customers on-site at top government agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Principal Systems Engineer II (Unix/Linux), your primary responsibilities will include:
- Design, install, implement, configure, as well as ongoing support of the Unix/Linux Infrastructure.
- Serve as the advanced knowledge expert for all Linux environments
- Create and maintain bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate distribution of Linux and network configuration, using tools that include Satellite Server, Puppet, and BigFix
- Provision/configure the required software onto servers (e.g., web servers and databases)
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the Linux infrastructure
- Monitor and correct critical server issues and processes for failures and performance bottlenecks
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software, and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 3rd level of support
- Build new baselines with the appropriate security and access controls, to include DISA STIGs and required security controls; updated baselines will be required quarterly and new versions within 90 days of the manufacturer’s release to production and full DISA STIGs
- Engineer multi-factor authentication between Linux environments and the enterprise Windows infrastructure components
- Engineer solutions for baselines to operate in full standalone mode, domain mode, and fully integrated mode for all classification levels and enclaves
- Work with the developers to transition applications from one platform to another (e.g., physical to virtual, virtual to cloud)
- Work with security components to resolve any security findings or vulnerabilities, apply fixes or updates, and determine solutions to achieve closure
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date, to include inventory and patch levels of all systems (e.g., hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates) and service accounts on a monthly interval
- Integrate systems with Windows as it applies to authentication and core services dependencies such as single sign-on and Active Directory; engineer and implement solutions for multi-factor authentication with FBI standardized software and hardware
- Document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys
- Continually transition knowledge to government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Undergraduate degree and 6+ years related experience
- If no Undergraduate degree: Red Hat Certified Administrator (RHCA) and 8+ years related experience
- Systems Engineer skillset with a focus on Unix/Linux based systems (e.g., Red Hat Linux, Solaris, SUSE, and CentOS)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification required within first six months
- Excellent knowledge of DNS, DHCP, LDAP, SMTP, and integration with Windows
IMTS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
IMTS is a federal contractor. As such, we are subject to the Executive Order requiring all employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, currently under Federal Court injunction, barring enforcement. New or prospective employees must be prepared to provide proof of complete vaccination or provide a legally recognized exception on the date of their commencement of employment or thereafter should the executive order mandate be put back into effect and enforced.
Powered by JazzHR
Innovative Management & Technology Services
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?