This opportunity can be "home/remote/field" located, preferrably the Raleigh/Durham area....or within North Carolina and Southern Virginia. This is NOT an hourly/contract position.
There could be some travel to any of our 3 primary US locations (and some International) .
Innovative Interfaces Inc. is dedicated to providing leading technology solutions (software) and services that empower Libraries and enrich their users worldwide.
Visit us at http://www.iii.com
We employ over 300 diverse and energetic professionals across the globe—from California to Dublin, Ireland to New Delhi, and points in between.Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area of California, Innovative's software products are used every day by people in over 50 countries in over 20 languages at academic, public, government, law, and special Libraries.
The Lead Automation Engineer is responsible for leading the test automation practice. This includes designing, building and maintaining a test automation framework to support a development organization that is using Microservices.
The successful candidate will drive continuous improvement activities and will work closely with developers and operations staff to continuously improve the efficiency and efficacy of the tests that feed the CICD pipeline. Be proactive in resolving issues, demonstrate well-honed critical thinking skills when thinking through problems and solutions and be excellent influencers, collaborators and communicators.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Designs, develops, maintains and continuously improves testing frameworks in support of CICD goals in collaboration with Development and DevOps teams
• Provides reporting/transparency of tests and results to organization in Jira/Confluence
• Provides direction to globally distributed FTE’s and contractors
• Conducts learning sessions to increase in-house competency
• Investigates, recommends and implements new automation/reporting tools
• Participates in team agile ceremonies, providing estimates/schedules
• Reviews automation approach and conducts code reviews of automation code
• Part of the team that designs/reviews the CICD pipeline
• Provides recommendations for environment needs
• Advocates for modern development and test automation methods throughout the organization
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of 5 years in a SDET role with progressively more challenging senior roles including 1 or more years leading automation teams as a team lead
• Experience creating component/contract tests working within development organizations leveraging Microservices
• Front and Back end automation experience
• REST APIs and web services
• Demonstrated success implementing tests and creating environments for CICD pipeline
• Working in cross-functional Agile teams
• Comfortable researching, proposing and implementing efficient ways of automation that improve the quality of our deployments and our customers experience
• Experience and comfortable writing code in Java, Python
• Experience and comfortable leveraging Spring
• Experience and comfortable with Jira, Confluence, Test Rail or like tools
Critical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
• Highly driven self-starter that thrives in being able to find solutions to complex testing challenges
• Excellent and demonstrable collaborative/influence skills in cross-functional teams, with Product Marketing and all levels of management
• Experienced and comfortable making process and technology recommendations and following them through implementation. You’ll have a lot of autonomy!
• Significant background in testing principles, methods, and processes and lean development principals
• Evidence of continuous learning
• Experience with modern test concepts such as data driven testing and testing components in isolation
• Proven ability to learn new technologies. A technology agnostic approach is helpful
• Proficient with UNIX system essentials
• Experience using (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Experience with virtualization and basic networking principles
• Experience in Lean development organizations and knowledge of Lean principals
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS OR INFORMATION
• Although duties are typically performed during normal business hours, occasional off-hours work may be required to meet customer and/or business needs.