- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you a natural storyteller with exceptional writing skills? Do you enjoy breaking down complex topics into easy-to-understand content?
We’re looking for a content strategist to tell our story and teach business leaders about the latest technology trends and best practices. You’ll write about things like the cost of IT support services, hidden features of your office copier, and the latest cyberthreats facing businesses.
But here’s the cool part – you don’t need to be an expert in those topics to succeed in this role. We have plenty of technical experts on our team. Our ideal candidate is or wants to be an avid user of technology but is not an expert on how it works.
You’re an excellent fit for this role if you have a natural curiosity to research new topics, ask probing questions, and translate technical solutions and strategies into articles and possibly videos that non-technical business leaders find informative, relatable, and useful.
You’ll publish two to three 1,000-to-2,000-word articles or equivalent digital content each week in this role.
You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to video content creation. Past video experience is not required, but you should be interested in learning about video content marketing.
- Interview internal subject matter experts for content.
- Create engaging digital content, including blogs, white papers, long-format guides, webpages, email newsletters, social media posts, and more.
- Create email marketing campaigns, including newsletters, new product/service announcements, and critical security alert communication.
- Manage social media content and audience engagement.
- Assist Business Development Manager in identifying and prioritizing topics for future content.
- Communicate completed and upcoming content pieces with the sales team.
- Track traffic and conversion metrics and report on key performance indicators.
- Ensure all content consistently aligns with brand standards and voice.
- Assist in video content production.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in English, communications, marketing, journalism, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to write in a conversational tone while following standard rules of American English grammar.
- Natural curiosity, excellent listener, and exceptional interviewing skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently to meet long-term goals.
- Interest in learning and developing the nice-to-haves listed below.
- Basic understanding of AP Style.
- Experience working in a content management system, ideally WordPress and/or HubSpot CMS.
- Understanding of marketing automation platforms, ideally HubSpot Marketing Hub.
- Experience or interest in developing basic video content skills.
What does success look like?
Success in this role includes the following deliverables:
- Publish two to three 1,000- to 2,000- word articles or equivalent digital content weekly. Content may include but is not limited to articles, white papers, webpages, videos, infographics, landing pages, Ebooks, podcasts, press releases, and any suitable format that drives Innovative’s marketing objectives.
- Create and send at least one email newsletter campaign each month.
- All content matches Innovative’s brand standards, tone, and style.
- Content publishing follows a calendar of relevant pre-planned content topics that match the overall marketing strategy and quarterly priorities.
- Content performance KPIs are clear and consistently reported.
- The sales team is well equipped with content to support sales conversations.
We want to hear from you:
We’re building a team of diverse professionals who bring unique skills, backgrounds, views, and experiences to the table. Our mission is to provide the best experience, strategy, and technology in an environment where our employees can maximize their potential. We know there’s no such thing as a perfect candidate; and encourage you to apply if this job description sparks excitement and enthusiasm about what you could accomplish here, even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed.
Innovative Inc.Why Work Here?
We have fantastic company culture with little turnover. We are the best technology company to work for in the quad state area!
Innovative, Inc. provides quality information technology, voice, and print copy solutions to commercial customers in the Mid Atlantic Region. They are a Microsoft, HPE, Avaya, Konica Minolta, Cisco, and Vmware Partner.
13332 Pennsylvania Ave.Hagerstown, MD