- Expired: January 22, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all activity within the Operations department, designing/developing, improving, and implementing various processes and projects from the ground-up. The Operations Supervisor oversees and implements the production processes and evaluates production schedules to meet demand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilites:
- Contribute to the organization, revision, set up, and implementation of current and new standard operating procedures for areas of operations;
- Evaluate operations staff performance and provide coaching/counseling's for any improvements/deficiencies;
- Mentor or guide supervisors/leads by providing constructive feedback as well as positively receive feedback from staff;
- Participates in overall decision making as a member of the senior management team not limited to hiring, firing, policy changes, goals and objectives;
- Assist as a liaison between R&D and Operations for production implementation;
- Implement and sustain lean programs and processes throughout the production floor;
- Ability to reach and maintain set standards highly regulated by the U. S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA);
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators for efficiency and performance are met or exceeded;
- Ensure production is cost effective by monitoring overhead, materials, hours, throughput, etc.;
- Monitor product standards and implementing good operational practices and process improvements;
- Communicate and work effectively with different departments;
- Work with Managers to implement company policies and goals;
- Supervise and motivate a team of associates;
- Work out the human and material resources needed for daily operations;
- Ensures that all production room training/documentation matches established processes and procedures;
- Ability to adapt to/implement on-going changes in procedures and ability to adapt to continually changing priorities.
- Adjust schedule/Work overtime as needed to provide necessary support for operations and other interdepartmental teams to meet business needs.
- Coordinate on-boarding activities of new staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience is preferred for this position;
- 3-5 years in a supervisory or management position, preferably in a fast paced, manufacturing operations environment;
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methodology is preferred;
- Professional experience in the medical device industry, particularly with catheter based instruments is highly preferred;
- Proven track record in managing a fast paced, high volume production environment;
- Strong managerial and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well cross functionally and across levels is required.
Innovative Health LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Innovative Health LLC