- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Looking to put your learning to the test and apply your education through an exciting part-time opportunity with the Nation’s premier emergency management and homeland security consulting firm? Come join a winning team with IEM’s internship program. IEM is the world’s largest woman-led disaster and crisis management firm in the United States. Our company is headquartered in North Carolina, and we have offices in 22 states and one U.S. Territory.
- Candidates can originate from anywhere within the United States, you will work remotely from home or personal office location.
- All remote work environments require the ability to maintain minimum Internet speeds of 25 Mbps upload and 3 Mbps download, as well as a ping rate of 100 ms or less during working hours, regardless of the type and number of devices using your Internet connection. You must also have account privileges and access to your Internet service provider account during working hours for the purposes of maintaining the Internet connection, if needed.
- Support projects related to State and Local Response and Recovery operations and emergency management planning for clients nationwide.
- Develop, review and update proposals, plans, and procedures.
- Engage and collaborate with internal stakeholders, external vendors, and clients.
- Assist with improving and maintaining various internal systems.
- Support business planning, reporting, and analysis activities
- Identify, develop, and document continuous process improvement opportunities.
- Provide weekly update to hiring manager.
- Perform all additional duties as assigned.
- The successful candidate(s) must be actively pursuing a master’s degree from an accredited institution in Emergency Management or Homeland Security.
- Self-motivation, with ability to work as part of a team and build strong customer relationships. Offer flexibility with a willingness to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to present information formally to clients.
- Experience and comfort with Microsoft Office software suite.
- FEMA Course. IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, IS-800, and IS-2200
- Demonstrated experience of at least six (6) months of professional experience, which can include academic internships and/or part-time positions.
- Understanding of current national preparedness policy, guidance, and plans
- 3.5 GPA or higher
Why join IEM:
We are a woman owned company in Emergency Management that embraces teamwork, collaboration, flexible performance, actionable solutions and integrity/ethics. Our work touches everyone. We produce results that matter. Results that save lives – join us while we build a safe, secure and resilient world.
IEM believes in the greater good and it is our commitment to attract those who have excellent technical skills, creative minds and innovative ideas to keep propelling us forward.
IEM is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and Disabled:
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from Human Resources.
Innovative Emergency Mgmt
Get fresh Test Management jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.