Cash Management Specialist
Innovative Emergency Mgmt Roseland, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Why Join IEM?
We are a woman owned company in Emergency Management that embraces teamwork, collaboration, flexible performance, actionable solutions and integrity/ethics. Our work touches everyone. We produce results that matter. Results that save lives – join us while we build a safe, secure and resilient world.
IEMers believe in the greater good and it is our commitment to attract those who have excellent technical skills, creative minds and innovative ideas to keep propelling us forward.
IEM is accepting applications for the position of Cash Management Specialist within the Department of Accounting. The essential function of the position is to be a liaison between the Accounting Department and the Program Management Team(s) for various federal, state, and local grant management programs. This position will perform or assist with all necessary accounting and compliance reporting related to specific grant programs, monthly reviews of relevant accounts (revenues and expenditures) and trend analysis, reconciliations, recommendations for process improvement as necessary, cash receipt management, and payment processing to mortgage service providers and other vendors for grant program expenditures. This position works under the general and direct supervision of the Controller within established policies, procedures, guidelines, and timelines.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain financial records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and ensures compliance with the requirements of each grant program.
- Perform analytical reviews and account reconciliations; maintain and complete expenditure reports and other grant management reports in accordance with reporting guidelines and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Track and analyze pre- and post-award financial and expenditure reports to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Perform due diligence and reviews of account balances; monitor internal controls and ensure compliance and reliable financial data; and meet the statutory responsibilities of financial operations.
- Track and monitor grant expenditures, projects and related funding.
- Identify, research, log, document, and work with the Program Management Team(s) and Accounts Payable to resolve any financial issues.
- Assist with the coordination of the annual audit and preparation of audit information requests.
- Serve as a resource and point of contact for accounting staff and managers of grant funded programs.
- Interact with multiple project team members and client personnel at various organizational levels and incorporate technical information gathered.
- Perform accounting and reporting functions as assigned.
- Support the preparation and maintenance of various financial reports, budget documents, reports and statements.
- Assist in the month-end close process by ensuring all processing is completed within the allotted time frame.
- Maintain records for designated bank accounts and related activities.
- Manage cash disbursements and review vendor payments for grant-related expenditures.
- Reconcile vendor payments with source documents and financial reports provided by Program Management Team(s).
- Reconcile cash receipts with cash disbursements for designated bank accounts.
- Research and resolve unidentified or unapplied cash receipts.
- Process necessary adjustments and refunds.
- Evaluate all bank charges to ensure accuracy on monthly basis.
- Assist accounting team and implement all stop payment requests for designated bank accounts.
- Prepare records of all cash flows and forecast requirements for designated bank accounts.
- Possesses a great attention to detail and effective time management skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate under minimum supervision where appropriate and understand when to escalate issues to management.
- Works well in a team environment and interacts with various levels of the Program Management Team(s) and clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to analyze, explain, and draw logical conclusions from operational, financial, regulatory and/or business data.
- Experience with managing Hardest Hit Fund (HHF) Programs, Deltek Costpoint, and Common Data File (CDF) is a plus.
- Reporting Relationships:
- Reports to Controller
- High school graduate required; some college preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in Cash Management or Grants Management; Government Contracting field a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook; strong Excel skills a plus.
- Must be detail oriented with a concern for quality expressed by continually initiating system and process improvements.
Benefits and more:
- 10 paid holidays
- Vacation pay
- Sick pay
- 401 (K) plan with matching
- Company paid STD and LTD
IEM is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and Disabled
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from Human Resources.
Innovative Emergency Mgmt
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Innovative Emergency Mgmt