Systems Administrator (TS/SCI)
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking an experienced Systems Administrator to support a newly awarded, 10 year contract in Springfield, VA. This position requires a TS/SCI clearance and eligibility to obtain a CI polygraph.
As a Systems Administrator, you will work closely with both on-site and remote users to coordinate site visits and upgrades, provide on-site and remote resolution support for trouble calls and provide TIER 2/3 support of Unix/Windows workstations and servers, including Web servers, network attached storage devices, and stored data in support of business processing requirements.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems and management of system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Install/load operating system and application software
- Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Perform software installations and upgrades to Unix/Windows operating systems and layered software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements; evaluation and installation of software/hardware patches and resolution of software related problems associated with COTS/GOTS products
- Create and follow procedures to maintain and manage multiple linked databases including security, data safety and integrity, disaster recovery, and bulk data import/exports.
- Conduct routine and emergency maintenance of assigned data center equipment
- Communicate/coordinate scheduled preventive maintenance windows with potentially impacted customers
- Collaborate and contribute to the development, administration, and testing of backup and recovery plans
- Ensure systems are secure to STIG guidelines by utilizing tools such as Retina and HBSS
- Maintain operational, configuration, and other standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Verify system availability with existing Enterprise tools
- UNIX, Windows, and/or Storage administration
- Experience in the imagery intelligence domain a plus
- Ability to create and modify scripts in multiple disciplines on Windows, Linux, and Solaris systems
- Knowledge of the Customer's processes and procedures and of the Customer's production systems a plus
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to function as a team member and independently
- Prefer skills in one or more of the following: Window Server, Red Hat, IRIX, Solaris, Sybase, Informix, SQL, and Imagery Production Chain
- General knowledge of database administration, network administration and possess network configuration management skills.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and years of experience.
- Must have Security+ certification or DoD 8570 Level II equivalent within 90 days of hire
- TS/SCI Clearance required and eligibility to obtain CI Poly
- Ability to respond to after hour calls “provide on-call support"
- Ability to travel 0-20% to local area sites as well as other locations with similar architecture/footprint.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry competitive salary well above market average
- 401K plan with 4% company match, immediately fully vested
- Referral bonuses up to $10,000
100% company-paid benefits
- Cigna OAP $0 deductible Medical plan for employee + family
- Vision and Dental plan for employee + family
- Short Term Disability for employee
- Long Term Disability for employee
- Life Insurance for employee
Flexible Paid Time Off Policy
- 180 hours (minimum) per year of PTO with additional time at manager discretion
- 10+ Company Holidays per year
- 6 weeks paid maternity and paternity leave
- Flexible work environment to accommodate commuting, family and personal schedules
- Ability to telework when presence not required at client location
- Company sponsored training and certifications
- No questions asked professional/business/technical book reimbursement
- Company paid training and conference attendance and travel expenses
Innovative Data Solutions (IDS) is a small business specializing in engineering and supporting mission critical IT infrastructure for the US Government Intelligence, Defense and Homeland Security communities.
Established in 2008, IDS has 14 years of experience delivering IT solutions to the Federal market. We’re a small company of technology enthusiasts and we thrive on exceeding expectations. We specialize in Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure, Enterprise Storage, High Performance Computing, Cybersecurity and Data Analytics. Across these technology areas we provide full lifecycle services: strategy, design, implementation and operations.
IDS engineers are based in Washington, DC and St. Louis, MO and are experienced working with US Government installations across the US, Europe and Asia.
Powered by JazzHR
Innovative Data Solutions LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Innovative Data Solutions LLC