We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team! You will perform clerical and administrative functions in order to drive company success on a U.S. Department of Agriculture contract.
- Provide support with collecting and assembling cost data and processing payment application requests and programs; reviewing a wide variety of invoices, vouchers, and other miscellaneous paperwork associated with NRCS Programs.
- Assists with compiling all necessary supporting documents to substantiate payment requests, ensures that payment requests comply with provisions of long term contracting and are within obligated spending limits prior to submission of payment.
- Assist with tracking producer requests for wetland compliance and highly erodible land assistance. Maintains wetland determination and highly erodible land case files including producer submitted records, conservation plans and associated maps. Tracks requests for appeals related to issued determinations.
- Assists in accuracy reviews of documentation, compliance with regulations, and justification of vouchers, invoices, claims, statements and other requests for payment of goods and services; processes program payment information; prepares for District Conservationist’s signature and forwards completed document to financial management staff for payment.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining contracting files and producer records. This includes receiving and assembling program applications and collecting producer eligibility information. Responsible for compiling contract documentation including, but not limited to, conservation plans, maps, photographs, resource data and technical material.
- Assists with driving Government vehicles to local shops for routine maintenance; tracks vehicle maintenance and mileage logs.
- Assists NRCS staff in working between contractors and landowners regarding supplying practice statements of work and deliverables.
- Schedules office machine tech support and maintenance calls.
- Processes mail by use of proper postage, preparation of packages for shipment, provides drop off at delivery sites, provides pickup and distribution of packages (shipping/receiving).
- Assists with assembling technical notes and project documentation required to process modifications.
- Provides a variety of technical information to program applicants and participants, such as specific program and land eligibility requirements.
- Provides guidance to program applicants and participants on the completion of required conservation planning steps and provide basic explanations regarding practice statements of work and deliverable requirements for conservation program participation. Contractor support will defer to NRCS officials for site specific comments or questions.
- Assist with uploading of photos to Toolkit and Document Management System.
- Assisting agency staff with program documentation, including but not limited to preparing and processing documents and correspondence, checking documents for accuracy and completeness, gathering information, reconciling payment documents, recording data, establishing and maintaining files, and transmitting information.
- Assisting agency staff with various accounting functions such as processing actions related to unfilled customer orders. This will include reviewing, monitoring, and tracking billing and collections of the agency’s receivables.
- Assisting staff with CONCUR (or similar system) to prepare and review Travel Authorizations and vouchers for NRCS staff as necessary. Reviews vouchers for proper documentation, and compliance with Federal Travel Regulations (FTR) and agency guidelines.
- Assisting staff with travel arrangements, purchasing, records management and correspondence, mail management and distribution, and other administrative services in support of any NRCS
- program or operation. Assists staff with preparing reports and answering inquiries. Gathers data for reports, inputs information into databases and helps with special projects.
- Assistant Utilizing a variety of computer hardware and software applications and small office machines, to include agency specific software such as Pro Tracts, NEST, FMMI, and locally developed Excel databases to extract information needed to develop reports related to scheduling, program tracking, and balancing of funds committed and expended.
- Contact cooperators to follow-up on the status of conservation plan progress and transfer landowners to the appropriate staff when there are concerns with acceptance of the agreed upon conservation measures.
- Maintaining office files, manuals, handbooks and reference library, both paper and electronic according to NRCS and department guidelines and requirements.
- Answers telephone greets visitors and signs for incoming deliveries.
- Some interaction with the general public in an office setting. Will work directly with conservation partners, program technicians in the Farm Service Agency, and NRCS Field Office personnel. Provides a variety of information to program applicants and participants, such as specific program and eligibility requirements, guidance on completion of required program applications, Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), and System for Award Management (SAM).
- Reviewing applications for Farm Bill programs to ensure required information and forms are present and gathers items that are missing to create a complete application package. Determines that correct signatures are in place on applications.
- Data entry in regard to processing contract documents and actions for approved contracts. Monitors and tracks commencement and expiration of contracts, contracts behind schedule, and contracts that have not completed a practice in the first year and prepares modification, termination, waiver, and annual practice reminder letters for signature. Processes annual contract reviews and various audits. Prepares documents for contract appeals and provides documents with open obligation audits. Monitors payment error rates and works to eliminate them.
- Contractor shall have proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite software, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint and Access. The contractor shall demonstrate the use of appropriate language to communicate ideas in words and print based on the audience and situation.
- Previous experience in office administration or other related fields
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of Arc View
- Knowledge of general agricultural and conservation programs
- 100% employee medical, dental and vision coverage
- 3% automatic contribution to your 401K
- Short and Long Term Disability at 60% of salary
- Life Insurance Coverage
- 1 Week of Sick Leave accrued
- 2 Weeks of Vacation after vesting
- Minimum of $4.22/hr worked in Health and Welfare Benefits provided to employee on top of salary