Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity!
- We offer benefits, overtime and weekly pay.
- 1st and 2nd Shift Positions available.
- Night differential pay
Innovative Construction Group (ICG) is growing! Join a great company and boost your career by working with us!
At ICG the Wall Panel Designer meets organizational challenges with confidence – it’s a role that an applicant should have a wood construction background, estimating experience and knowledge of engineered wood components. Responsibilities include creating wall panels, specialty wood product designs, and placement plans using AutoCAD/MITEK computer systems.
The primary responsibility of a Wall Panel Designer is to complete design work of wall panels components for construction of single-family and multi-family residential homes. The ideal candidate will possess excellent math skills, knowledge of the construction industry, design processes, architectural and structural blueprint interpretation, CAAD experience, load transfers, and local codes. Must possess solid written and oral communication skills as well as working knowledge of computers and associated software.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints.
- Input of layouts conforming to design practices.
- Design of wall panels, ensuring designs are accurate, optimized, and conforms to standards.
- Request sealed engineering drawings and/or repair details and follow-up to ensure complete when necessary.
- Compute and enter wall panel and hardware quantities into database.
- Create cost-effective and accurate layouts and wall designs from architectural and structural drawings using all associated details and city, county and state building codes.
- Generate placement layouts for final construction.
- Provide job-site support, when requested.
- Working knowledge of framing and construction practices.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently managing multiple tasks, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Other duties as necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of two years’ framing experience or a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in construction management or other related major preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience designing optimized projects utilizing related software such as Intelibuild, Timberline, Mitek Sapphire or Alpine.
- Knowledge of wood framing, hold downs, and structural components typical in wood-framed buildings.
- Hands-on framing experience is a plus.
- Previous experience in a construction environment.
- Provide technical expertise and knowledge to field staff when necessary.
- Understands field requirements and constructability of panelized components.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Other duties as necessary.
Health, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term short-term disability and 401(k). Vacation, paid holidays, personal and sick time.
Innovative Construction Group (ICG) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.